Zadorov Goal vs Blues One of Hardest Wrist/Snap Shots I've Ever Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
I don't understand some of the replies at all here. It was a nice shot and I liked it and instead a lot of people are complaining about seeing better shots and now someone posts Semins goal from 10 years ago? Imagine if McDavid scores the an amazing goal and the thread is closed because Ovechkin scored a better goal versus Arizona in 2006? Just enjoy hockey. :)

Reactions: Canadienna

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Sorry, not a standard, normal wrist-shot. Show me a comparable one.

No flutter, no wobble in slow-mo. The overhead cam angle in slow-mo hardly captures it.
Stop being such a fanboy. You see wristers like that 10 times a night.

What's next ? Kylington should be on the Norris ballot ?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I love that last replay, from behind the shooter. If the NHL had more camera angles from behind the puck on shots, it would really help show fans how incredible a lot of the shots are.

As for the best shot I've ever seen, I think it's this one:

Reactions: Tofveve

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So here's the thing. Zadorov had an absolute garbage start to the season but over the last 5 games or so has sort of been turning a corner toward being a decent D. Jury is out on that. So that's the starting point - I'm not making this thread as a fanboy of the player.

That said, as per the subject heading, I've watched this goal maybe a dozen times. In oh about 40 years of watching the NHL I can't recall a harder wrist-shot (modified wrist/snap shot).

The shot is an absolute lazer beam. In real time you can hardly see it. In slow-mo it's still a lazer beam. In slow-mo there's zero flutter, zero wobble to the puck. Don't know if Zadarov is consistently a hard shooter but I'll be watching that's for sure.

Here it is:

Always wanted to see Zadrorov succeed. Truly terrifying and punishing D are so rare in todays NHL

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Maybe I'm not impressed by this because we have Kyle Connor on our team.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
What, you guys can’t take 100 mph wrist shots?

seriously the post rang before he released. If that’s not a picture delay on the feed then that was some serious Matrix shit right there

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nice wrister from Zadorov there, picking the corner.

Since we're all posting our faves, here's the greatest goal Cody Eakin ever scored. :laugh:

Short side ripper off the rear crossbar, and a playoff OT winner to boot.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
You can hear the post while he looks like he is still in the process of shooting. Can,t say I have seen/heard that before.
You can definitely hear the post before the puck physically reaches the post. I imagine that is factoring in pretty heavily in OP deciding to post this.

I know audio syncing has come up a couple times this year on the wings' board, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a league wide problem.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Hardly faster than this one from Sedin:

Seriously though one of the most underrated goals in the history of hockey. Absolute f***ing beauty.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
It's actually a way nicer shot on the slow mo replay than you can tell from the initial highlight

I keep wishing Zadorov would put it together somewhere, maybe it'll be Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad