Zadorov Goal vs Blues One of Hardest Wrist/Snap Shots I've Ever Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
So here's the thing. Zadorov had an absolute garbage start to the season but over the last 5 games or so has sort of been turning a corner toward being a decent D. Jury is out on that. So that's the starting point - I'm not making this thread as a fanboy of the player.

That said, as per the subject heading, I've watched this goal maybe a dozen times. In oh about 40 years of watching the NHL I can't recall a harder wrist-shot (modified wrist/snap shot).

The shot is an absolute lazer beam. In real time you can hardly see it. In slow-mo it's still a lazer beam. In slow-mo there's zero flutter, zero wobble to the puck. Don't know if Zadarov is consistently a hard shooter but I'll be watching that's for sure.

Here it is:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Not sure if I’m missing something here but this just looks like a nicely placed wrister. Not sure how we’d judge the speed of that but lots of shooters are putting pucks in the net like this regularly

Reactions: kerrabria

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
What an odd thread for a standard wristshot goal.

Not sure if I’m missing something here but this just looks like a nicely placed wrister. Not sure how we’d judge the speed of that but lots of shooters are putting pucks in the net like this regularly

Sorry, not a standard, normal wrist-shot. Show me a comparable one.

No flutter, no wobble in slow-mo. The overhead cam angle in slow-mo hardly captures it.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also, great wrist shots used to be a worthy topic (though admittedly narrow).

Bobby Hull was known for his and coincidentally was considered one of the all-time great goal scorers.

Cherry used to talk about wrist-shots on HNIC a fair amount.

The slap shot is obviously going to be the shot in All Star games that gets recorded by a radar gun. One-timers (slappers) are deadly and impressive.

But a lethal wrist-shot may still be one of the most underrated deadly weapons one can have in their arsenal. It has little windup and can catch a goaltender (and other defenders) off-guard/handcuffed. It's worth a good example once in awhile IMO.

Reactions: Reparlana

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Definitely looks harder than your average wrister that beats a goalie from distance, but it's a 6'5, 240 pound dman coming downhill and fully transferring his weight and loading the stick, it's gonna have mustard on it. He made a perfect shot at an opportune time. But he isn't getting that shot off with that release very often, takes too long and isn't very deceptive, that's getting poke checked or blocked more often than not.

The league was supposed to have puck tracking by now which tells you the MPH of every shot, not sure what happened to that, I assume de-railed by 'Rona.

Reactions: BlueMed and Tofveve

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Certainly a better wrister than I would have ever imagined Zadorov being capable of but players like say, Tarasenko, have scored literally 100+ goals on wristers that were as hard and probably significantly harder than that one.

Either way, it definitely surprised me coming off of his stick!

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I see what OP is saying. That is a very special shot upon inspection.

When Zadorov was on the Avs once in a while (twice a season?) he would do something outright otherworldly offensively. I couldn’t find it on YouTube, but there was one i *think* against Washington where he received a hot pass in the skates bombarding the zone for some reason and did a flying spinorama backhanding the goal five hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad