Recalled/Assigned: Zadorov and Bigras Recalled from San Antonio | Gormley Sent To SA

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Next game:

NewBalls - Beauchemin
Holden - Barrie
Redmond - Guenin

Scratches: Zadorov, Bigras

This is hilarious and most likely gonna be the case. Although I could see Zads sneaking in there over NewBalls/Redmond/Scrublord

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
this decision is one game too late but better late than 2 games too late

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
EJ is on the IR now.

I'm super bummed I'm not going to the game Thursday with my Zadorov jersey.

We'll see what the pairings are. Barrie ended the game last night with Beauch.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
this decision is one game too late but better late than 2 games too late

I think last night's debacle forced Roykic to make the move. Now I'm glad last night was so ugly.

I just hope they give Zadorov and Bigras the same leash that Guenin got. They will make mistakes, but they need a 20+ game stretch where they're consistently in the lineup and not worried about being scratched.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They have to put EJ on IR or they have 24 players on the roster? Since he's on IR retroactively, they can take him off it tomorrow if Guenin is sent down.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Oh my god...I am just praying this is not because they are showcasing them for another team (Tampa, competing with Dumba or something like that).

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
This is great timing. Hopefully they will both be in the CBJ game I am going to on Saturday! I was hoping EJ would be back by then so I would not have to watch Guenin live but this works too. (Hopefully EJ is progressing still too)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Showcasing doesn't really happen.

This is probably a test run to see if these guys can help the Avs down the stretch more so than giving up an asset to get a defenseman. It's the smart thing to do.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'll take a stab and say we probably won't see EJ for at least a couple more games and we see pairings like:

Beauch-Barrie
Holden-Zadorov
Bigras-Redmond/Bodnarchuk

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Imagine if Tanguay announces his mid-season retirement and the Avs recall Rantanen now. :laugh:

Heads would explode.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Showcasing doesn't really happen.

This is probably a test run to see if these guys can help the Avs down the stretch more so than giving up an asset to get a defenseman. It's the smart thing to do.
It is the smart thing to do but not when they do it at the same time for both of them. Roy doesn't like to play dmen without experience at the same time. If he wanted to see what we have in them he would call them up at separate time to evaluate them not together. That's why this is scaring me.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It is the smart thing to do but not when they do it at the same time for both of them. Roy doesn't like to play dmen without experience at the same time. If he wanted to see what we have in them he would call them up at separate time to evaluate them not together. That's why this is scaring me.
We were playing 3 waiver wire defensemen at the same time. We've given up 3+ goals in 7 of the last 8, and 10 total in the last 2 games.

Something had to give. They probably won't play together, but we absolutely needed to change out at least 2 D. The fact they're 20 doesn't matter. They're the most talented D beyond the top 3 guys we have in the organization. At some point, you have to play them, and see what you have.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Maybe he finally realized that the kid might be better than career AHLers? There will be a lot of ups and downs, but I'd rather have them make mistakes than watch Guenin, Redmond and Bodnarchuck on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad