Recalled/Assigned: Zadorov and Bigras Recalled from San Antonio | Gormley Sent To SA

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's not a bad theory, especially with Barrie bring up for a new deal and having the same agent as O'Reilly, and not being that great a defensive player. But realistically it'll be a while before they can come close to matching Barrie's current offensive production. If they forsee trouble in contract talks they may have to keep options open. On the other hand the O'Reilly issue probably had more to do with O'Reilly than the agent so there may be no correlation with Barrie.

They'll likely never match it. Barrie's point production is just very rare.

If that is indeed what they're looking for though, it's more if they can contribute. They've seen the promise from both, but they might want to see how close they are to contributors who can help make up for Barrie's loss by committee. Seeing if they can maybe get a 25-30+ point pace out of them to go along with EJ (who's good for about 30-40 points) Holden (20-30 points) and Beauch (this year on pace for 40 but 30 is probably more realistic moving forward) to go along with maybe Hamonic, who's usually good for 25 or so points with great D.

Not even just production they'd be looking for either, but also a confident ability to break down opposing team's neutral zone trap and forecheck with puck carrying ability, or passing on a regular basis. That's a big part of Barrie's game. They don't have to blow the doors off, just look like they could be ready for full time duty next year.

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The two likely conference champions are the Stars and the Hawks. If you honestly think either of those teams couldn't annihilate us in the playoffs, your glasses are more rose-colored than Elton John's.

We have just as much chance at the cup as we do being annihilated in a series.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I love ROR but I wouldnt mind that as long as its clean and ROR doesnt get hurt. ROR is pretty elusive though so maybe better luck nailing Evander Kane.....I dont like Evander Kane.

Just hope ROR does not intercept one of his ill advised passes for the GWG.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just hope ROR only gets two goals and not the hat trick. Kid's gonna play like Forsberg vs Florida that night.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't care what ROR does. I do hope Zadorov and Grigorenko play well though. We already know how good ROR is. I know the rest of the world are only now realizing with him being in the east and all but we don't need ROR to score against us for us to realize we gave up the best player in the trade. We knew that the day the trade happened.

We did get some great players and prospects in return though and I would love for those two to play their hearts out against their former team. A Zads open ice hit on Kane would be great.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It's not really that far fetched. They're so equal in terms of how they're viewed as D men that can help the team long term. Calling up one would almost seem like playing favorites. To add to that, calling up both maintains that competition between the two to play well. Where as calling up just one, they wouldn't have that extra motivation.

Another conspiracy theory I had, which may have been mentioned already, is that maybe this isn't just to see what both have at the NHL level possibly resulting in one being traded, but maybe it's to see what they have, especially offensively, to see if they can withstand losing Barrie in trade.

That's what I was thinking, too.
Maybe they've had some talks with Newport, and don't like what they're hearing. maybe they're thinking of trading Barrie at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad