Between Zadina and Hronek who Will have better trade value

• Zadina

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hronek

Votes: 89 95.7%

• Total voters

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Teams have a sexual fascination with right handed defensemen nowadays. That alone gives Hronek trade value.

Zadina is a small winger who hasn't shown he can score in the NHL. Those players are common in the NHL.

First of all, it's called a kink. Don't kink shame.

Second, Zadina isn't a small winger. The average height of NHL forwards is 72.7 inches, and the average weight is 196.9 pounds.

Zadina is listed on the Wings website at 72 inches (6'0) and 197 pounds.

Zadina is an average sized winger who hasn't shown he can score in the NHL. There's a difference. If he was small, he wouldn't have had nearly as long of a leash. He also had a stretch where he scored better than a point per game as a 20 year old, so there was reason to think that he might be able to score in the NHL.

Where I think we are at with Zadina is pretty simple...if he doesn't show significant effectiveness improvement under Lalonde's coaching approach, then there's really no point in us continuing down this path. But he will have a chance this year, no matter how much Ogee wants Zadina to be his first murder.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
First of all, it's called a kink. Don't kink shame.

Second, Zadina isn't a small winger. The average height of NHL forwards is 72.7 inches, and the average weight is 196.9 pounds.

Zadina is listed on the Wings website at 72 inches (6'0) and 197 pounds.

Zadina is an average sized winger who hasn't shown he can score in the NHL. There's a difference. If he was small, he wouldn't have had nearly as long of a leash. He also had a stretch where he scored better than a point per game as a 20 year old, so there was reason to think that he might be able to score in the NHL.

Where I think we are at with Zadina is pretty simple...if he doesn't show significant effectiveness improvement under Lalonde's coaching approach, then there's really no point in us continuing down this path. But he will have a chance this year, no matter how much Ogee wants Zadina to be his first murder.
Fair enough. He's average sized but he plays a soft game. Coupled with his lack of scoring, that's a problem. He can't score and he's not exactly a grinder type.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think Yzerman already know what to do with Zadina, just waiting for opportunities and still not sure about Hronek future as Red Wings

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think Yzerman already know what to do with Zadina, just waiting for opportunities and still not sure about Hronek future as Red Wings
Imo:

Zadina = 90-95% gone (unsalvageable in DET barring Lalonde breakthrough)

Hronek =40% gone (has upto 2 yrs to prove himself defensively, barring suitable upgrade being available at parallel cost, 1:1)

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad