Recalled/Assigned: Zadina to make NHL debut Sunday

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
For a flashy kid, he makes a lot of good simple plays. He looks pretty small out there which surprised me. Hoping he can fill out a bit like Larkin.

He's noticeably smart at using his body and is always looking to go towards the middle which is a nice change of pace from most of our wingers. That's how you score and win games. Not dipsy doodling on the perimeter.

I've also noticed some heady plays on the rush when he is without the puck. Looking to switch with or trail the puck carrier to confuse the defense.

We just need to keep adding talent man... there is a light at the end of the tunnel with these kids. If we could land Hughes we are well on our way to having something special here (or at least watchable hockey lol). Consider me excited :)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not sure if it's totally fair to compare the two, but Zadina seems more ready than Rasmussen to me. Zadina is certainly more noticeable to me on the ice anyways.
Zadina not NHL ready. Rasmussen not given opportunities to play in the top line. It's all learning period for both of them. Rasmussen with Rose looked very good yesterday. Next year Rasmussen should be in first line and Zadina should start in GR

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Zadina not NHL ready. Rasmussen not given opportunities to play in the top line. It's all learning period for both of them. Rasmussen with Rose looked very good yesterday. Next year Rasmussen should be in first line and Zadina should start in GR

Yeah, it's a learning period for both for sure.

Think Zadina will make the team outta camp next season though. Guess we'll see.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I dont know how you cna watch Zadina the last 2 months, give him a full offseason and then still say he should be in Grand Rapids next year. I'll wait to see him in camp next year but after a full offseason I highly doubt he isnt up with the wings full time next year.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Rasmussen has done nothing to warrant being in the first line. And zadina hasn't been with the first line either. They're both playing with terrible linemates.

Kakko the bust

Hughes > Kakko ALL DAY, everyday
Nov 6, 2017

Not sure if troll or what.

You cant be serious

Reactions: Lil Bert

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't think its that far fetched TBH. I would say 33 percent chance he starts the season there.

i'd say at this point it greatly depends on how he does in the playoffs down in Grand Rapids

if he has a good run he's probably a near lock to make the team barring a really bad camp and preseason

otherwise it's probably pretty close to a coin flip

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I don't think its that far fetched TBH. I would say 33 percent chance he starts the season there.
As we've seen with youngsters currently in the line up. If Zadina starts really hot in GR, he'll immidiately be called up to the team. Its the way things went with Mantha, Bert and Hronek's second call up this season as well.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
He's obviously not physically mature yet but you can see him growing more comfortable with the pace each game, which bodes well. He looks overwhelmed less often and is anticipating plays. I think he's beginning to realize what it takes to succeed at this level.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I dont know how you cna watch Zadina the last 2 months, give him a full offseason and then still say he should be in Grand Rapids next year. I'll wait to see him in camp next year but after a full offseason I highly doubt he isnt up with the wings full time next year.
The way Zadina looks so far in his call-up I would say it's a major shock if he isn't a full-time Red Wing next season. It's fairly easy to see he adds an element of skill we're sorely lacking, especially after trading Nyquist.

Reactions: newfy

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
8 games done , time to go to GR. Hope next year for much improved Zadina, good luck kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad