Recalled/Assigned: Zadina to make NHL debut Sunday

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Looking forward to seeing him play. These are the milestones that you enjoy when you support a bottom 5 franchise. I hope he tears shit up. :yo:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Playing his best hockey of the year right now as well so this should be fun to watch.

He won't get more than 9 games no matter what he does, but looking forward to watching him at this level. It might be a bit bumpy, I have liked him a lot though when watching the Griffins lately so hopefully he can keep that confidence up during the transition.

Reactions: Electric Eric

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Playing his best hockey of the year right now as well so this should be fun to watch.

He won't get more than 9 games no matter what he does, but looking forward to watching him at this level. It might be a bit bumpy, I have liked him a lot though when watching the Griffins lately so hopefully he can keep that confidence up during the transition.
Haven't watched a single GR game this year. What would you say his progression has been from the start of the season til now?

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Tatar has my favorite first NHL goal celebration that I have seen, wonder if Zadina can top it. Either way looking forward to watching him.

Christien

May 1, 2010
He better not play more than ten games..........................
Probably won’t. They said they were gonna let him get some NHL action in and then send him back down before the AHL playoffs start so he can get back in the feel of things.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Haven't watched a single GR game this year. What would you say his progression has been from the start of the season til now?

From my friends in Grand Rapids, the skill has always been apparent. The two toughest things looked to be adapting to what being defensively responsible means in professional hockey, and finding a comfort level in his own game to kind of let it fly and be the skilled player he is.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He is a lot more confident player, he holds the puck a little better is going to better areas. He has gotten a lot stronger on the puck, he isn't taking as big of shots either, he had a tendency to get hit really hard occasionally. He also has his playmaking and passing going a little more, skating faster and thinking less. Just the kind of progression you would hope for. I have been encouraged with his development for a few months now, he is competing harder and harder. I think he is getting it, I would be surprised if he doesn't make the team out of camp next year as I also expect him to have a strong summer.

He does still need to find quiet zones a little better at times, that is his next step. I think seeing how tight that is at the NHL level for the next little bit will help him with that even more.

He has gotten better in his own zone, he is accountable enough defensively that I think Blash will be okay with him at this point.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
If the wings win all nine games, he may stay up, but the will not win all nine games so he won’t. Regardless of the protection status for next expo draft

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Last 10 games, Zadina has shown more confidence, starting to get into a scoring rhythm, looks dangerous in the offensive end and could score every time he shoots. Passing improved and getting his teammates more involved instead of trying to do it himself.

Defensively, he has improved in getting pucks out of his own end better. Making better decisions when attacking the zone. Forechecking biggest improvement since start of season. Still needs to improve on getting back from offense to defense, but overall like he could be a force when the Griffins get down near the playoffs and beyond.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Just to clarify, we'll have to paper transaction him back to GR Monday so he can play in the playoffs right? I assume they'll keep him with the Wings for the next 9 games regardless.

Stat prediction? I'll say 3 (2 PP) goals, 2 assists in his nine. He'll look a little too slow, weak and inexperienced for a lot of it, but then wow us with some flashy plays that he doesn't necessarily get rewarded for.

I'm really excited to see his NHL debut and get a better feel for how he compares to NHL talent.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nice to see, in his last 10 GP, he has 5 G and 6 A, for 11 PTS, and has a +8. He also is getting 2+ shots a game every game during that stretch with multiple 4+ shot nights.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Rookie mistake. If he plays 9 straight games he plays Montreal twice. That’s at least 8 goals in just those two games alone

It would be fitting for him to get his 1st Nhl goal against the Habs. He told them he'd fill their net with goals if they didn't draft him.

I'll go with 2 goals and 3 helpers during his call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad