Recalled/Assigned: Zadina to make NHL debut Sunday

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
So happy and sad.....

I have tickets to the islanders on the 16th. That is game 10....

Please blashill dont let him play 9 straight he can sit a couple. Pleeeeeease lol

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What is the line combo supposed to be for his Showtime? I don't think he players with Larkin, probably with Nielsen and Vanek.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I hope he gets somePP time.

Ill go 2 goals one assist but overall we like how he plays and looks somewhat dangerous out there, first three games he'll get one assist, then scratched then come back and play better

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Here we go kid. Go and get it. His last 10 games in the AHL have been very promising.

Please Blashill, don't play him 9 minutes on the 4th line with Abdelkader. Put him in the top 6, and on the 2nd PP unit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That line isn't a terrible idea on paper. For one, no team is going to put their best defensive players out against Glendening instead of Larkin. You also have AA and Mantha to respect. If Zadina and Vanek finds some chemistry, boom, you have 3 scoring lines. Given that this is also likely just a 9 game tryout, it's less about giving Zadina the ultimate chance to score goals and more about letting him adjust to the pace of the league and get prepared for next year. He doesn't need to be in the top 6 to do that.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I like pairing Zadina with Vanek.
Vanek is a smart hockey player and good mentor. I think he has helped AA quite a bit. Getting Zadina off on the right foot in the NHL will be big for his development and Vanek is a fantastic guy to help him along.
Yeah Vanek is having a bad year but that does not take away from his hockey IQ.
Glenny can help cover any mistakes the rookie makes.

It's a good sheltered line for the kid, he can learn from a vet while being protected defensively.

Reactions: lilidk

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
nice to see him make his debut.. I was pissed when my sens took Brady over him.. he was super good in Halifax I wish him the best :D he has the potential to be a career 30-40 goals a season type of scorer.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I get the sense that we are all seeing Glendening and viewing him as a 4th line center that he has been historically, but honestly the only center I’d rather Zadina be playing with is Larkin. I don’t like how Nielsen’s game as aged at all. Luke can play at higher speeds and intensity levels, he is a great face off guy, and excels defensively. There’s a lot of burden lifted off that line by being to gain puck control and move up ice.

Top that off with Vanek, who has done wonders for the youth when he was with us prior. Have a savvy veteran presence who can set people up, and play well at the net front would definitely complement Zadina’s strength.

Could be much much worse.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Vanek, LGD, and Zadina doesn't look great on paper but I actually think it can work.

Vanek makes a lot of low-key smart plays and passes, and Glendening is always a work horse. Plus combined with some power play time and he should be set up to somewhat succeed.

Reactions: lilidk and mantha39

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It would be funny asf if he did actually go off on Montreal.

If Zadina is the player we hope he is, with him playing Montreal 4 or 5 times a year his numbers should be pretty big on those guys and he is going to enjoy big games against them. You usually chew up the teams in your division pretty good if you're an elite player. Think of what the big dogs in our division have done and I am guessing most of our division is noticing Larkin scores on them pretty much everytime we play just like Eichel, Marchand, Stone, Matthews, Kucherov and so on have big numbers against us.

Reactions: KJoe88

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
not really a huge deal. the bigger deal is i believe if he plays over 40 games he accrues a year a service which gets him to ufa one year earlier. but thats not an issue. burning a year off an elc isn't as big of deal anymore

It absolutely does matter. Having to protect Zadina in the expansion draft is a pretty substantial deal when you could easily avoid it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad