Zack Smith on waivers (clears,resumes role as 2C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Guy Boucher on this:

"That's a question for Pierre. It's a management decision."
"Tough day for our group."

So Dorion doesn't even talk to his coach about waiving players. What a dysfunctional team...

I cant WAIT to hear what our snake oil salesman has to say about his most recent move.

It's literally not possible to sell this as anything other that a cost cutting move to anyone.

It's going to be ultra comical hearing him bumble his way through this one without once mentioning money.

Reactions: Deku

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Holy, did not realise how bad his contract was, nobody is going to claim him

This is why players should never take discounts.

Smith isn't living up to his contract, but the guy arguably left money on the table when he extended here.

Beleskey did it right. Got what he could while he could because if you're a Smith or Beleskey signing this kind of deal, the end result is usually the same regardless of whether you make 3M or 4M.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Wow, didn’t see this coming. Not sure of the logic behind this.

What happens if you’re below the cap floor?? Pay a fine to make up the difference?

Aside from the obvious money related reason.

They probably want place for both Chlapik and White at center.

Duchene
Tierney
Chlapik/White
Chlapik/White.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
This is why players should never take discounts.

Smith isn't living up to his contract, but the guy arguably left money on the table when he extended here.

Beleskey did it right. Got what he could while he could because if you're a Smith or Beleskey signing this kind of deal, the end result is usually the same regardless of whether you make 3M or 4M.

Yup. Everyone loves to point out when a player stabs a team in the back. But this is a case of management/ownership stabbing a player in the back. Especially when the player signed a team friendly deal.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Of course, here we go with the good fan/bad fan takes!!

Pretty tough to do from Montreal, no?

As for me, I will start when every move this franchise makes isn't about money.

Huh? You're the one who brought it up, and what does this have to do with Montreal?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That is actual salary, not cap. Sens are above the floor. Only addition would be an entry level.
But they would still be on the hook for Smith actual paycheque right???And we all know EM...If he can save a 100k he will ,but what he wont do is pay millions for a player in the AHL ...Or at least it seems very unlikely

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I think everyone on the team (and world) knew that Karlsson was gone as of last March. It wasn't a surprise, so everyone was ready for it.

This move? Out of the blue for the team.

One move lost the team about 10 wins, the other gained wins because he's below replacement level . Will let you guess which player is which. Jim O'brien will probably get more than 5 goals this season, and people are worried about Smith, who only scored 5 goals last year and 19 points. :rolleyes:

Ryan or Anderson could be waived next, Dorion seems to be getting rid of moving clauses on top of salary.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I wouldn't care about this if not for the fact that it's clear that Dorion had absolutely no communication with anyone else in this organization regarding this move. Dysfunctional as f***, and just adds to what a joke of a GM and a person Pierre Dorion is. I will be just as happy to see him fired as I will be when Melnyk sells the team.

Reactions: Howard35

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
With only 14 forwards left in camp I guess this is our lineup going in to the season.

Dzingel-Duchene-Boedker
Tkachuk-Chlapik-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Paarjarvi-White-Pyatt
McCormick

Goodness that is young and little high end talent

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
I really understand moves like this, but at year 1 of a 4 year deal? It shows how out of control things are in the org right now.... 12 months ago PD was thumping his chest saying the move for Duch "Will put us over the top" 12 months later, its a fire sale Dollar Store clear out and Duch isn't happy.

8 deals since last Feb all to save money. Their new arena (if it comes to that) will be cheap as it will only need to seat about 3-5 thousand... Way to kick the team dressing room chemistry in the balls just before the season opens.... These idiots couldn't run a burger king
LOL....

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
With only 14 forwards left in camp I guess this is our lineup going in to the season.

Dzingel-Duchene-Boedker
Tkachuk-Chlapik-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Paarjarvi-White-Pyatt
McCormick

Looks even worse when you throw in our D pairings and goaltending duo.

Reactions: Cosmix

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Remember when we were "Young and Hungry"?

Now we're just Young and Terrible

:laugh: I can't help but just laugh at this joke of an organization anymore.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Dzingel-Duchene-Boedker
Tkachuk-Chlapik-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Paarjarvi-White-Pyatt
McCormick

We are so going to be a trap team ,that is boring as hell to watch,and due to our very leaky defense not win very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad