Zack MUDDA****ING KASSIAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Zack Kassian is back with the Vancouver Canucks, and, reading between the lines, his off-ice behaviour was part of the reason he was sent to the minors.

Amid internet rumours that he was out partying when he should have been resting a balky back, Kassian said that he met with management prior to being shipped to the AHL Chicago Wolves and they stressed “being a professional away from the rink,” among other things.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/0...d-to-be-more-professional-away-from-the-rink/

see, it's nbd really.

also adding this from the same link because it sounds encouraging that he is feeling better about his play after being sent down, could be the perfect thing for him

Kassian admitted the campaign has been a “learning curve,” going from early-season success to having to fight to get back into the line-up.

“It was good to go to Chicago and log a lot of minutes,” he said. “Now I have my confidence back. I’m excited to get going here.”

Last edited:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
They are probably going to try build around Mackinnon/Barkov/Drouin

With Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko, Larsson and a good chance at one of the above three, Buffalo will have a lot of Center depth in the next few years. Tough to gamble on which of the centers sticks around. Numbers game says it's not all of them. Possible for them to do what the Bruins did and convert a bunch of centers to wings I suppose.

Now, if Buffalo wins the lottery and drafts Jones, then you expect 3 of the 4 to stick around at list over the next 5 years.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
With Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko, Larsson and a good chance at one of the above three, Buffalo will have a lot of Center depth in the next few years. Tough to gamble on which of the centers sticks around. Numbers game says it's not all of them. Possible for them to do what the Bruins did and convert a bunch of centers to wings I suppose.

Now, if Buffalo wins the lottery and drafts Jones, then you expect 3 of the 4 to stick around at list over the next 5 years.

This is under the assumption that Colorado gets Jones, and imo you can never draft too many centres, and if they end up not being able to move to wing then trade them later if they are in face the bpa

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
This is under the assumption that Colorado gets Jones, and imo you can never draft too many centres, and if they end up not being able to move to wing then trade them later if they are in face the bpa

Jones is very likely to be #1. If Buffalo has a shot at Jones, they'd take him as he's projected with as much upside as anyone else, and steps in to fill a current positional need. But there's a lot of centers ranked at the top of the draft, so taking BPA will probably give Buffalo a center. The potential of some of the centers being traded at some point was pretty much what I was talking about. At some point down the road, there'll be some tough decisions about which centers Buffalo keeps. That could mean they trade away Hodgson or one of the others, but something's got to give.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Jones is very likely to be #1. If Buffalo has a shot at Jones, they'd take him as he's projected with as much upside as anyone else, and steps in to fill a current positional need. But there's a lot of centers ranked at the top of the draft, so taking BPA will probably give Buffalo a center. The potential of some of the centers being traded at some point was pretty much what I was talking about. At some point down the road, there'll be some tough decisions about which centers Buffalo keeps. That could mean they trade away Hodgson or one of the others, but something's got to give.

If the Sabres win the lottery than they take Jones for sure, I was just projecting them to finish around the #3/4 spot

agreed with everything you're saying here

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Thread is done. Consider yourselves lucky not to have infractions.

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

18) Discussion of illegal drugs should be kept within academic or newsworthy limits only. "How to" discussions and "I'm so stoned" posts may result in repercussions ranging from a warning to immediate and permanent banning, depending on previous history, context of post and nature/content of post. Promotion of anything illegal is strictly prohibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad