Zack MUDDA****ING KASSIAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'll go out on a limb....in 3 years we can bring up the comparison to Hodgson all we want because Kassian will be a more important piece to his team than Hodgson will be for his.

I'll go even further out on a limb and say Hodgson will not be a sabre at that time.

Agreed. I see Hodgson being traded as well

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Serious paraphrasing but... "We'll see how he plays in the AHL this weekend. If Zach doesn't play good he won't be called up. This is a performance based market; a spot on our roster is not entitlement"

.....um.. or if we fail to make a trade for a roster player... then I guess um... well, Zach will be called up.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Serious paraphrasing but... "We'll see how he plays in the AHL this weekend. If Zach doesn't play good he won't be called up. This is a performance based market; a spot on our roster is not entitlement"

.....um.. or if we fail to make a trade for a roster player... then I guess um... well, Zach will be called up.

He did have a really good game down there, but obviously missing out of Clowe and Torres does affect the decision

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
tumblr_mgyo0b1XK91qb5nh0o1_500.gif

Alflives*

Kassassian :sarcasm:

How about: "Full Pint" or "One more for the road" or "Supersize me" Or my favorite MDB-2CB (Million dollar body - two cent brain.)

Let's get off this guy's band wagon. He's admitted that his off ice behaviour is not professional, and needs to greatly improve. He clearly puts himself first, ahead of his teammates. Good teammates don't behave in ways (off the ice) that hurt their performance on the ice. His behaviour is selfish, and extremely disappointing. Can you say, Shane O'brien? And what happened to him???

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
How about: "Full Pint" or "One more for the road" or "Supersize me" Or my favorite MDB-2CB (Million dollar body - two cent brain.)

Let's get off this guy's band wagon. He's admitted that his off ice behaviour is not professional, and needs to greatly improve. He clearly puts himself first, ahead of his teammates. Good teammates don't behave in ways (off the ice) that hurt their performance on the ice. His behaviour is selfish, and extremely disappointing. Can you say, Shane O'brien? And what happened to him???

I'm even more on the Kassian bandwagon than I was before.

He's 22 for Christ's sake, he was out at a bar. It's not like he was writhing around, dancing like an idiot in a strippers cage with cheap hookers hanging off of him.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

guys, it's time to give up on Kassian, no player that partied has ever been successful ever.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC

He's 22 for Christ's sake, he was out at a bar. It's not like he was writhing around, dancing like an idiot in a strippers cage with cheap hookers hanging off of him.

It's not like he was punching cab drivers or choking ladies...

Give the kid a break.

Alflives*

He is expected to be an important contributing player on a Cup contending team. His teammates are older players, who are running out of time in their "windows" for winning, and each of them knows they need this young guy (and what he can bring to their team) to compete for the Cup. I will bet you dollars to doughnuts those teammates are pissed beyond explanation in Kassian. He put his personal agenda ahead of his teammates, and he let them down.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
He is expected to be an important contributing player on a Cup contending team. His teammates are older players, who are running out of time in their "windows" for winning, and each of them knows they need this young guy (and what he can bring to their team) to compete for the Cup. I will bet you dollars to doughnuts those teammates are pissed beyond explanation in Kassian. He put his personal agenda ahead of his teammates, and he let them down.

Clearly you've never seen Price, Higgins, Kane, E. Kane or numerous others party.

Is Price not supposed to be a contributing player on a cup contender?

I'm pretty sure his teammates could care less. Newsflash: hockey players like to drink, and they like to drink a lot.

Alflives*

guys, it's time to give up on Kassian, no player that partied has ever been successful ever.

There is a huge difference between a one-off party, and repeated nights (days) out. We gage behaviour by its frequency and intensity. This type of behaviour was an issue with Kassian in Junior, and in Buffalo. It's been both frequent and intense. That's a serious problem. If the Canucks core was a younger group, then waiting for Kassian to (perhaps?) clean-up his act would be acceptable, but those core players are older. They don't have time to wait for this guy, and they know it.

Alflives*

Clearly you've never seen Price, Higgins, Kane, E. Kane or numerous others party.

Is Price not supposed to be a contributing player on a cup contender?

I'm pretty sure his teammates could care less. Newsflash: hockey players like to drink, and they like to drink a lot.

You must be trolling, but I will bite. Are you saying that hockey players perform just as well drunk/hung over as they do sober?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
You must be trolling, but I will bite. Are you saying that hockey players perform just as well drunk/hung over as they do sober?

A lot of them play hungover. Not in the playoffs mind you. But during the regular season, yeah. These guys have been playing hockey for at least 15-20 years of their lives, and they've gone through Jr hockey. If you don't know how hard Jr hockey players party and drink, well, I don't know what to tell you. These guys have access to the best medical professionals in the game, they can function with a bit of a headache and dehydration.

Don't kid yourself.

arsmaster*

A lot of them play hungover. Not in the playoffs mind you. But during the regular season, yeah. These guys have been playing hockey for at least 15-20 years of their lives, and they've gone through Jr hockey. If you don't know how hard Jr hockey players party and drink, well, I don't know what to tell you. These guys have access to the best medical professionals in the game, they can function with a bit of a headache and dehydration.

Don't kid yourself.

LoL at alflives calling someone a troll.

Don't quote him TPM, ok?:laugh:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
There is a huge difference between a one-off party, and repeated nights (days) out. We gage behaviour by its frequency and intensity. This type of behaviour was an issue with Kassian in Junior, and in Buffalo. It's been both frequent and intense. That's a serious problem. If the Canucks core was a younger group, then waiting for Kassian to (perhaps?) clean-up his act would be acceptable, but those core players are older. They don't have time to wait for this guy, and they know it.

he's 22, give him a break. He got punished for it and responded well and is now back on the team. This hasn't been an ongoing issue here from what I have heard, and there are plenty of notorious partiers out there that do quite well in this league so I am not worried. If he was fighting teammates or disrespecting AV that is another story

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Now I know you're trolling. This is not "Slap Shot". Kassian has a problem. Don't try to defend him by implying that all hockey players drink too much and party all the time, and that their teams are complicit by providing professional medical care to alleviate any symptoms.

get over yourself, everyone who disagrees with you is not trolling and if you don't think a ton of NHLer and Junior players party then there is no point in continuing this

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Does anyone have a link to the incident or incidents Alflives is referring to? I'm interested and learning more about this. The way he/she talks about it you'd think he slept with Henrik's wife and was found in a puddle of his own vomit with a needle hanging out of his arm.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I'll go out on a limb....in 3 years we can bring up the comparison to Hodgson all we want because Kassian will be a more important piece to his team than Hodgson will be for his.

I'll go even further out on a limb and say Hodgson will not be a sabre at that time.

The Sabres have stated that they want to build their team around Hodgson, so that limb might break on you :laugh:

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
The faces this guy makes is priceless.

Just wished he step his presence up out on the ice more often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad