Zack MUDDA****ING KASSIAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Flacko*

After netting 5 goals in his first 7 games, he was demoted to the 3rd/4th line. He has seemed lazy at times and its obvious AV doesn't trust him. Then he got injured and was sent down to the AHL. In the 1 game he played he got a goal. Not bad.

He's been recalled and is healthy so if all goes as planned, Kassian will play tomorrow for the first time since his fight in the St. Louis game. I hope he can get back to scoring goals and punching peoples faces in like he did in the beginning of the season. He needs to play a simple game by working hard along the boards, driving to the net and keeping his feet moving. I think if he can do these things he will start contributing again.

SO HERES TO KASSIAN RIPPING **** UP!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

Who's with me? :naughty:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

zack-kassian-021.jpg

call him basquiat-picasso

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Maybe we should break out the gif in this thread in advance of the game? As, like, some show of faith?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He won't. Have faith

He won't, and I'll stick by that until the day he is a very effective top six winger for us. He has all the tools, it just usually takes powerforwards to pieces the tools together than any other type of player.

Pretty hard to see him bust from my POV.

Lord Flacko*

He won't, and I'll stick by that until the day he is a very effective top six winger for us. He has all the tools, it just usually takes powerforwards to pieces the tools together than any other type of player.

Agreed.

TheDiver*

Unfortunately for Kassian, through no fault of his own, he will always be judged by the Hodgson trade and compared to Hodgson, who is a completely different player.

Kassian is the type of player that the Canucks lacked for a long time.

Todd Bertuzzi didn't score 20 goals until he was 25. And that's the type of player Kassian is.

For now, he's best on the bottom 6. But he'll get where he's going.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As if starting strong, then fading away completely isn't Kassian's typical M.O. :laugh:

While it seems 'true' that this is the case...it is extremely frustrating.

A guy handed all the physical tools to be a monster on the ice...yet it takes him longer to figure it out than some runt like Brendan Gallagher in Montreal? Imagine if Kassian gave enough ****s to bring that sort of intensity every night? He'd be terrifying.

It comes back to the old cliche, 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog'. And until i see it...i'm not convinced Kassian has that in him...

Kassian is still very young, but he has a lot to learn about bringing effort and intensity to games...you don't just cruise by on your pure size and ability to punch people at the NHL level. Unless you're content with a role as a pure plug/goon type. And Kassian has shown flashes of far more skill than that...But the consistency is so all over the map.

Nov 1, 2011
People need to realize that guys like Kassian can't bring it every night or they'd be dead.

Guys of a similar play style: Lucic, Hartnell, and Brown are always criticized for being too inconsistent. The reality is, when you play as hard as they do, you need to take nights off.

I fully expect Kassian to be 100% effort all playoffs which is when players like that usually shine.

Get'er done!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Unfortunately for Kassian, through no fault of his own, he will always be judged by the Hodgson trade and compared to Hodgson, who is a completely different player.

Todd Bertuzzi didn't score 20 goals until he was 25. And that's the type of player Kassian is.

Only if we collectively keep bringing it up.

yoss

May 25, 2011
After netting 5 goals in his first 7 games, he was demoted to the 3rd/4th line. He has seemed lazy at times and its obvious AV doesn't trust him. Then he got injured and was sent down to the AHL. In the 1 game he played he got a goal. Not bad.

He's been recalled and is healthy so if all goes as planned, Kassian will play tomorrow for the first time since his fight in the St. Louis game. I hope he can get back to scoring goals and punching peoples faces in like he did in the beginning of the season. He needs to play a simple game by working hard along the boards, driving to the net and keeping his feet moving. I think if he can do these things he will start contributing again.

SO HERES TO KASSIAN RIPPING **** UP!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

****ing A rights I'm with you. :handclap: We've seen him do it beginning of the season, he's perfectly capable of bringing the goods again. Exciting player to watch when on his game.

He has playmaking/passing vision, good puck sense, can control the puck on the boards after winning puck battles, in the right spots around the net for the puck, can dangle a bit, good speed, hitting, etc. see a lot of good things when he actually gets into the game.

Maybe his brief rest and warm up games in Chicago can rejuvenate him much likethe game Shroeder was after he got sent down then called back up again.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'll go out on a limb....in 3 years we can bring up the comparison to Hodgson all we want because Kassian will be a more important piece to his team than Hodgson will be for his.

I'll go even further out on a limb and say Hodgson will not be a sabre at that time.

Alflives*

Actually, it is through his own fault. It is fact now that he is not a professional, when it comes to off-ice activities. Why do you think the Canucks had him spend time this summer training with the Sedins? He needs to learn what it takes to be a professional on and off the ice. Kassian has all the physical tools to be an excellent power forward, but it's his off-ice behaviour that is slowing his progress. He might be another Shane O'brien, and that's a shame.

Reactions: Luckylarry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad