Zack MacEwen Hearing today for Kneeing Darnell Nurse (UPD: Suspended 1 game)

North

Jun 25, 2009
I mean, they’re not wrong though.

Yeah but then throw out the pretence about caring about player safety. If they did truly care suspensions and fines wouldn’t be nearly as subjective as they are.

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
so obviously everyone seeing this is going to say "that gets suspended and wilson gets a fine!!"

but as a canucks fan and a fan of MacEwen in general i dont have a huge problem with this

i think people are not seeing what he got suspended for.

Nurse was on the ice and MacEwen moved his knee up in what looks like an attempt to clip him in the head on the way to the bench.

he may not have hit him but man that shit shouldnt be in the game. If pettersson was down on the ice and nurse raised his knee to his head their would be death threats sent to nurse from canuck fans.

i get the inconstancy but this shit was lowkey dirty.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nurse is a bitch and I think MacEwen was targeting his shoulder and not his head... but there was an actual knee to the head, however glancing.
You can't be having players even appearing to target the head though, so... suspension deserved.
DoPS gets a lot wrong, but this call wasn't one of them.

lol

The saltiness is hilarious, not sure it deserved a suspension either though

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
MacEwen did try to give Nurse the James Neal special, he just mostly missed.

I could see it warranting a game because of the intent. But then you look at the Wilson stuff, Pesce's slew foot on Fabbri, and it's back to being completely random.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You don't need to be sensitive about it everyone knows nurse is a fake tough guy.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
hes second in goals for dman. good enough for oilers fans
He’s one of the best defenceman on that team, but he doesn’t real do anything that stands out beside play with arguably two top 5 players. He’s a younger version of Barrie

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
He’s one of the best defenceman on that team, but he doesn’t real do anything that stands out beside play with arguably two top 5 players. He’s a younger version of Barrie

I don't understand why you get in these threads. Everyone laughs at your ridiculous takes and you can never back them up with anything but your own ridiculous opinion.

Reactions: iCanada

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This has to be a fake thread filled with fake video clips and fake news articles.

There's no way someone actually got suspended a game for that.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln

Do you watch hockey? Serious question, because it doesn't seem like you follow the sport other than knowing players names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad