Zack MacEwen Hearing today for Kneeing Darnell Nurse (UPD: Suspended 1 game)

Oilerfan88

Jan 26, 2021
I’m an Oilers fan. I didnt see a knee eat all. That is such a joke. Parros is either blind or stupid.

North

Jun 25, 2009
That makes sense, and I wouldn't have a problem with it if the same thinking was applied consistently and logically across the board. But it clearly is not. Allowing Wilson to punch a defenceless player on the ice and perform an MMA takedown on a player in a scrum with only a small fine for punishment is completely in opposition to that mindset.

It almost seems that putting a huge former goon with a goon's inherent biases in charge of nhl player safety is a bad idea. He seems to have sympathized with or at least ignored Wilson ragdolling smaller players, but wants to punish knees that graze the head...hmm, does that have anything to do with the multiple concussions he suffered as a goon?

Believe me I understand the confusion about Parros and and the DoPS.

I think they muddied the waters so much with their selective application of fines and suspensions that it’s hard to figure out what sort of infraction meets the threshold for supplemental discipline.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It just looked like a fake to me. Didn't actually touch him. Was just trying to antagonize which obviously worked considering Nurse's reaction. Like when you fake punch your little brother and they go running to mom anyway.

Really stupid to give a game for that.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Don't care enough to read this thread, but I will say that Darnell is a tough SOB and I have always liked him on the Oilers.

Reactions: TheNumber4

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It just looked like a fake to me. Didn't actually touch him. Was just trying to antagonize which obviously worked considering Nurse's reaction. Like when you fake punch your little brother and they go running to mom anyway.

Really stupid to give a game for that.
You are obviously wrong since he did hit Nurse with his knee and got suspended for it.
First 4 or so pages of thread is a joke looking back with new angles available .. OP needs to add the new gifs and then be ashamed of his posts in this thread.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
qpFMBwhm

This isn’t the same thing that was posted

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You gotta love the NHL.... completely random first timer gets 1 game suspension from kneeing and that POS gets 5000 fine from he did...
weeeeeeeeeeee.....yeeeeeee-haaaaaaaw!
What can you expect from a 3rd rate micky mouse league that hires a knuckle dragger as the head of players safety or DoPS? Parros doesnt give Wilson who intentionally hurts Panarin

Reactions: stampedingviking

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You are obviously wrong since he did hit Nurse with his knee and got suspended for it.
First 4 or so pages of thread is a joke looking back with new angles available .. OP needs to add the new gifs and then be ashamed of his posts in this thread.

If he had actually hit him he would have been knocked like Keith was. It was a fake. No damage done to Nurse obviously.

Should have been a warning and a fine.

But Parros is under the gun right now. No question about that.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Guys, this is a fair suspension. Yeah the Wilson fine was a joke but that doesn't mean they can't get it right on the next one. You can't intentionally skate your knee into the side of a prone player's head, especially after you've just high-sticked him to the ice. These boards are in a rage over hits to the head when it's a shoulder hit, but a guy on his hands and knees can get targeted in the head but it's fine because it's not a shoulder? Gimme a break, all intentional targeting of the head has to be suspended, period.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If he had actually hit him he would have been knocked like Keith was. It was a fake. No damage done to Nurse obviously.

Should have been a warning and a fine.

But Parros is under the gun right now. No question about that.
Yeh, you don't get suspended for intent. There was clear contact.
McDavid got fined for his supposed 'elbow'. That could have been intent since his elbow never really touched Kotkas head. If this guy got suspended for non contact then he should sue the league.

North

Jun 25, 2009
That's worked well for a certain Caps player.

The league’s problem is they give lip service to player safety but want the drama of things like Kassian-Tkachuk and Wilson-Rangers because they think it provides ratings.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nurse is a huge chicken shit for the bullshit he did during the "fight" anytime he's losing he has to pull some bullshit. No respect for that fake tough guy.

Reactions: CherryToke

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
That makes sense, and I wouldn't have a problem with it if the same thinking was applied consistently and logically across the board. But it clearly is not. Allowing Wilson to punch a defenceless player on the ice and perform an MMA takedown on a player in a scrum with only a small fine for punishment is completely in opposition to that mindset.

It almost seems that putting a huge former goon with a goon's inherent biases in charge of nhl player safety is a bad idea. He seems to have sympathized with or at least ignored Wilson ragdolling smaller players, but wants to punish knees that graze the head...hmm, does that have anything to do with the multiple concussions he suffered as a goon?
The difference I think is that the NHL views Wilson’s play as what can happen as part of a scrum. They view this play as kicking which they have always been very strict about. But that’s just conjecture on my part.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The league’s problem is they give lip service to player safety but want the drama of things like Kassian-Tkachuk and Wilson-Rangers because they think it provides ratings.

I mean, they’re not wrong though.

Reactions: North

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Nurse is a bitch and I think MacEwen was targeting his shoulder and not his head... but there was an actual knee to the head, however glancing.
You can't be having players even appearing to target the head though, so... suspension deserved.
DoPS gets a lot wrong, but this call wasn't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad