Zack MacEwen Hearing today for Kneeing Darnell Nurse (UPD: Suspended 1 game)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Wait wait wait wait.
He's having a hearing for the last 2 seconds of that clip.
there's no way, that's what he is having a hearing for that. THAT IS NOT A KNEE
Where is the Knee then?
I don't see it anywhere on Social Media which is odd in this day in age.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The league embarrassing itself again.

This explanation is actually going to be quite comical...I'm looking forward to it.

"Thursday night in Edmonton, Vancouver's Zack MacEwen approaches Edmonton's Darnel Nurse. MacEwen intentionally touches Nurse with his knee before proceeding to the bench. This constitutes touching, an illegal act. Zack MacEwen receives a $5000 fine"

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
As an Oil fan, I didn't pick that up either. I thought Nurse was upset at the errant stick catching his chin and then thought the knee came up cuz MacEwan tripped on Nurse's stick.

but neither of that would explain why Nurse was so keen to fight MacEwan later.... so I'm guessing if we had an overhead view, we'd see the knee a little more clearly ???

Reactions: Mr Positive

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I found a longer video.
He barely touched his Shoulder :laugh:

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I am honestly quite perplexed with this one.

The only way I understand this is MacEwen appears to bump Nurse with his knee on the way to the bench. Not a good decision there, but is that really the focus of the hearing? Do not see anything in the initial collision there.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I found a longer video.
He barely touched his Shoulder :laugh:
I believe that this is more about his intent than what actually happened. Can't go after a guy who's down with your knee. Fortunately, he barely got him, so I'd imagine the discipline will be light.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I believe that this is more about his intent than what actually happened. Can't go after a guy who's down with your knee. Fortunately, he barely got him, so I'd imagine the discipline will be light.
Great, so give him a penalty.
Not a hearing for barely touching a guy

If we started Suspending people for Intent, 30% of the league would be suspended.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
His skate hits nurse's glove and his knee moves forward
Then he kind of shakes his leg and goes over the boards.

I'm convinced that there has to be something else.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Wow. That's a suspension and hearing but what Tom Wilson did is just a fine? Okay NHL.

Actually the kick is more dangerous than Wilson's punch. The throwdowns to the ice are very dangerous too, but are kind of hard to avoid in scrums, so are traditionally overlooked because of that.

Still not sure it rises to suspension level, but do not have a problem if they hand out a one gamer here.

Reactions: Neil Racki

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
As an Oil fan, I didn't pick that up either. I thought Nurse was upset at the errant stick catching his chin and then thought the knee came up cuz MacEwan tripped on Nurse's stick.

but neither of that would explain why Nurse was so keen to fight MacEwan later.... so I'm guessing if we had an overhead view, we'd see the knee a little more clearly ???
Pretty sure he felt the hi-stick was on purpose then the knee thing, although nothing serious by itself, was rubbing salt in the wound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad