Player Discussion Zack Kassian

killercookie

Apr 24, 2013
Very overrated player, brings nominal offense, takes a number of offensive penalties and will be seeking a raise when the Oilers need more value contracts.

Khaira can do his job for half the price.

It's time to bid farewell to him this summer.

Not a fan of him (both as a person and a player), and would not help him if he was stuck in a snowstorm.

Get a life!! you know noting about hockey!!

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Kassian is an antagonizer that gets under the opposition's skin. Sometimes he's unable to control his emotions, but these outbursts have been relatively contained this season.

His offensive ability is much higher than his production currently indicates - I remember there was a period where he had three goals in a row called back.

Khaira is not a replacement - he's an alternative. Khaira is definitely not an antagonizer, and doesn't bring the psychological element does. Even his team thinks Kassian is a bit crazy - remember that one goal RNH scored in OT and he laughed hysterically? Gryba literally pushed him away like he was afraid haha.

We need Kassian.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
But I disagree with you that Kassian is terrible for the team/league. I hated his cheap-shotting ways, but he hasn't done that here as far as I can tell, and he definitely seems well-liked by the team. It really does seem to me that he's reformed. I guess we'll see.

As for being replaced by Khaira, definitely not by next year and likely not for another season after that. Kass is a pretty good 3rd/4th line tweener. Khaira is still an AHL/NHL tweener. Scoring his first NHL goal doesn't change that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Let's make this a positive thread. KASSIAN SCORES TONIGHT! :yo:

uzrFqBk.gif

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Loved the celebration. Legit thought another goal called back for Kass. Too many of those this season.

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah Kassian must be a dirt bag. Look at that look of hate on Connors face. :laugh:

I have zero doubt in my mind he's one of the most well liked guys in the room. I've been on sports teams my entire life but the kind of crazy, screw loose but funny teammate that everyone knows would bite off a guys ear for them is the GOAT in the locker room. I've been privileged to play with like 2 guys in an entire life of playing sports that were like that and they were the goofiest dudes and I love them to this day, so did everyone else.

THAT my friends, is Zack Kassian.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah Kassian must be a dirt bag. Look at that look of hate on Connors face. :laugh:

Probably put 10k on Kassian scoring before Eberle:laugh::laugh:

I can't believe how much I like this guy. Him and Maroon are really having an impact off the ice and keeping a smile on guys faces.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I remember there was a lot of posters on here that did not like the move by Chia to get Kass because of his rep, but I loved it at the time as a no lose situation for us. And Kass has tripled the bet to this point. The guy has been the ultimate teammate, protecting as he should, aggravating as he is noted for, and his skating is beyond what I thought it was. Dropping that poundage in the summer has worked miracles for him, and he obviously worked very hard in the off season. And with any kind of luck he could have 8 or 9 goals to this point. Good to see him finally get rewarded last night, and I hope it continues. Guys that work hard all season deserve that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad