Value of: Zack Kassian to an Eastern team

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Holy over reaction Batman!

He is a third line player who flitters on the edge. We love it when he rag dolls Tkachuk, but 2 weeks later he is garbage because of a nothing play?

Grow up people!
This thread is definitely an overreaction. But it was far from a nothing play. Kicking someone in the chest with your skate blade has no place in the game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before. He should get 10 games for that

Reactions: 1989

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think he gets 5 games for it and is on notice from herein. That said, i don't think Kassian really cares. He blew off the in-person meeting. He clearly doesn't give a shit about player safety.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So if (and I understand OP is presenting a hypothetical) the Oilers don't want him because he is too much of a loose cannon, why would any other team exactly?

Would this not imply that the Oilers would need to pay to be rid of him?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I think he gets 5 games for it and is on notice from herein. That said, i don't think Kassian really cares. He blew off the in-person meeting. He clearly doesn't give a **** about player safety.
If they only wanted to give him 5 they wouldn’t have offered him a in person hearing. He’s getting more than 5

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I wouldn't call that a nothing play. If the kick was 1 ft higher that would have resulted in serious damage to Cernak.

But putting that aside, his stupid pass to 3 TBL players resulting in the empty net goal with a minute left was even more braindead. 3 more years of that?

And every slash to the hands is 3 feet away from decapitating someone! It's true!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Ah...so ONE player makes them enamored with truculence...makes sense.

Honest question...is there a reason you are in multiple threads throwing around these badly prepared jokes about the Leafs? I mean did they upset you or something?

If the thread involves the Oilers in any way, he’s guaranteed to be there with nothing good to say. It’s incredible, like clockwork.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
And every slash to the hands is 3 feet away from decapitating someone! It's true!

I am guessing you have never played hockey before. Kicking with the skate is very unusual because hockey players know the damage it can cause. Its severe. The question is whether Kassian cares.

Regardless, he'll pay the price and come back none the wiser i guess.

Reactions: 1989

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I like Kassian and dont want him to go anywhere. He did a stupid thing. He’ll get suspended for 5 or so games. Moving on.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I am guessing you have never played hockey before. Kicking with the skate is very unusual because hockey players know the damage it can cause. Its severe. The question is whether Kassian cares.

Regardless, he'll pay the price and come back none the wiser i guess.

I'm guessing you've never seen a kicking motion before.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Kassian is a good player. What he did last night was wrong, but for the most part Kassian plays under control. He has shown he has a temper though, and has to know what he did last night there is no excuse for ever.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
contract is un-movable now. his agent deserves a promotion for being able to leverage that out of Oilers management when everyone and their mother knows his success was a result of playing with Mcdavid.

History of bad decisions off- ice and on-ice. no thanks.

I wish him well though

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I can live with a bad pass . Kicking someone in the chest with a skate on not so much . A jackass move ! Thank god the player wasn’t cut .

If he kicked a few inches higher he would have been suspended for life and facing a criminal charge 100%. its clear that there is a screw loose with this guy and that he has uncontrollable anger issues. very dangerous.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I'd take him on the Caps for Panik if the Oilers retain on his contract so it's Panik @ 3.45 and Kassian @ 2.5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad