Value of: Zack Kassian to an Eastern team

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Reaction was at 0:00 of 3rd when they celebrated another win.

No injury, not a rival, take the 2pts and move on!

No way, when a player makes a move like that...a dangerous move that can injure, the responses is usually immediate......the player that got kicked didn't even react to it. It was a dirt bag play don't get me wrong but maybe it was perceived on the ice in a different way that we are looking at it. I would think that any player who got kicked and thought that it was an attempt to injure would have fought the guy. I just thought it was really odd there was no reaction by anybody.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
At the time the contract was signed I thought it was a bit high on term but overall understandable.

Now with the current dilemma, I gotta say this guy basically won the lottery. I don't see any team paying any price or even wanting him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Because Cernak is also a dirt bag?

I don't watch Tampa enough to know that, is he a **** disturber? I would assume that he had to have done something to Kassian to warrant such a reaction (not condoning it, it was still beyond stupid).

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He is something Rangers need, but with his issues and a big contract I am not sure. It would have to be for either Marc Staal, Brendan Smith or part of a deal for Lundqvist. Possibly Skjei for Kassian and 1st rounder.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't watch Tampa enough to know that, is he a **** disturber? I would assume that he had to have done something to Kassian to warrant such a reaction (not condoning it, it was still beyond stupid).
Borderline hits IIRC. I know they're my team, but I haven't been able to watch much in the last 2 years so I can't offer a personal opinion.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He's had two or three dumb hits in his career. I'm not sure those have been intentionally dirty but rather just Cernak making dumb decisions. He was way more physical last season than this one, I think he may have toned it down a bit after his suspension for the hit on Dahlin.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
No way, when a player makes a move like that...a dangerous move that can injure, the responses is usually immediate......the player that got kicked didn't even react to it. It was a dirt bag play don't get me wrong but maybe it was perceived on the ice in a different way that we are looking at it. I would think that any player who got kicked and thought that it was an attempt to injure would have fought the guy. I just thought it was really odd there was no reaction by anybody.
The puck was nowhere near them, Cernak was probably the only guy who noticed it. And he said in an interview after the game that he asked Kassian what the hell is wrong with him but I guess he decided not to retaliate because some players are capable of controlling their temper.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
There are some teams who would rather stay out of the penalty box and win a hockey game then live up to some stupid code

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kassian is a law suit waiting to happen. The guy is unhinged and will eventually do something really really stupid that will really injure another player.
Nobody in the league will want to touch him until he gets psychological help.

Cernak said it best: "What's the matter with you?"

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
I gotta ask why there was literally no reaction from the Tampa player or the team when that happened.
There are a few others doing the same, but on the whole, people are too busy reactively frothing at the mouth trying to string Kassian up.

No argument from me that it was a dangerous play. But there’s plenty of reasons to justify the signing, and the reason he’s going nowhere in a deal isn’t because of no one wanting him, but rather because he’ll be a valued contributor for years to come.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He's had two or three dumb hits in his career. I'm not sure those have been intentionally dirty but rather just Cernak making dumb decisions. He was way more physical last season than this one, I think he may have toned it down a bit after his suspension for the hit on Dahlin.

Oh okay then, I guess players like Cernak get a pass if they just do something dangerous because it was dumb, as opposed to dangerous because a player is angry. Cool.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Oh okay then, I guess players like Cernak get a pass if they just do something dangerous because it was dumb, as opposed to dangerous because a player is angry. Cool.
I'm pretty sure I never said that but whatever.....

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm pretty sure I never said that but whatever.....

I may have inferred what you were saying incorrectly. I don't like the idea of players getting a pass for careless headshots, or careless stick infractions that cause real damage and a guy like Kassian is crucified. He deserved a suspension but some of the stuff online was nuts.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I may have inferred what you were saying incorrectly. I don't like the idea of players getting a pass for careless headshots, or careless stick infractions that cause real damage and a guy like Kassian is crucified. He deserved a suspension but some of the stuff online was nuts.
Didn't mean to give Cernak a pass on anything, dirty hits are still dirty. From Tampa Kucherov is the hotheaded dirty player who does stupid things when angry, as seen in the playoffs last season.

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad