Friedman: Zack Kassian given permission to seek trade

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I feel like the Blues would definitely retain a bit on him, I meant to add that in on my original post. We need to clear some salary and I think we really want to keep Schmaltz.

I don't blame you. I haven't watched a ton of Blues games but from what I saw he's playing well.

Any chance they'd move AP or Parayko or is still a year or two early for those conversations?

I don't think the Oilers have the pieces for either just curious if there are rumblings of that type of major shakeup.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I don't blame you. I haven't watched a ton of Blues games but from what I saw he's playing well.

Any chance they'd move AP or Parayko or is still a year or two early for those conversations?

I don't think the Oilers have the pieces for either just curious if there are rumblings of that type of major shakeup.

He’s been getting more confidence as each game goes by, and he’s just been solid in general.

Also nah, I think both AP and Parayko are here to stay. If we didn’t get O’Reilly, I’d think there would be potential, but we’re fully loaded down the middle and in our top 9 for years to come it seems.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
What does it mean when "teams has given permission to Kassian to seek trade".

Does Kassian and his agent call teams to see if they're interested? Couldnt Kassian just have requested a trade instead and have Chirialli find a trade.

Or is it the same thing

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What does it mean when "teams has given permission to Kassian to seek trade".

Does Kassian and his agent call teams to see if they're interested? Couldnt Kassian just have requested a trade instead and have Chirialli find a trade.

Or is it the same thing
If I had to guess the Oilers have already asked around, didn't find any offers they felt were worthwhile so told Kassian's agent he can contact teams and try and sell his client to them.

Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If I had to guess the Oilers have already asked around, didn't find any offers they felt were worthwhile so told Kassian's agent he can contact teams and try and sell his client to them.

Didn't even know you can do that

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sure.

I don't care regardless though, that's all I'd give up for Kassian.

You always have to take into consideration both teams needs. I get you may not want Kassian, but you can't just say "I don't care what your cap situation is". It's a reality and it has to be addressed in any proposal.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Kassian is so frustrating. He could be a key player every night, he just doesn't seem to stay motivated. Whoever trades for him will love him for the rest of this year. After that, its hard to say.

He takes too many nights off. If stayed focused and played every night like he did last game he'd earn more than $1.95 Million. The problem is you never know which Kassian you're going to get.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kassian is so frustrating. He could be a key player every night, he just doesn't seem to stay motivated. Whoever trades for him will love him for the rest of this year. After that, its hard to say.

He truly is an infuriating player. He could be one of the best bottom six players in the NHL if he could only be bothered to bring a strong effort every night.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Being under control for the 2020 season actually lowers his value. He'd have more value if he was a rental IMO where the commitment ends after the playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad