Prospect Info: Zachary Fucale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Fucale reminds me of Antoine Lafleur. He has bust written all over him. Not impressed whatsoever. I hope I am wrong

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I always thought he'd be traded as part of a package when we drafted him down the road. That time could come at this year's draft.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Fucale reminds me of Antoine Lafleur. He has bust written all over him. Not impressed whatsoever. I hope I am wrong

When did Lafleur win anything in the Q, Memorial cup or internationally?

...or get drafted by an NHL team?

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Why use such a quality pick on a goalie, when we'll have Price for the next 10 years.

Sadly, this was the logic which saw the Habs bypass Martin Brodeur in favour of Turner Stevenson in 1990. We were all set in net with Roy after all....

(not comparing Fucale to Brodeur, but if your scouts say a certainplayer is bpa...you take him regardless of position).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When did Lafleur win anything in the Q, Memorial cup or internationally?

...or get drafted by an NHL team?

Lafleur was drafted in the second round by the Rangers 48th overall 2007.

Fucale played on a stacked team. Look at Fucale's numbers, they don't lie. Look at his save % over the past few years, below average

Analyzer*

I am happy that people are coming together on this.

Fucale isn't good and he needs to be dealt. Edmonton loves him so much ? Give us back our 2nd.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am happy that people are coming together on this.

Fucale isn't good and he needs to be dealt. Edmonton loves him so much ? Give us back our 2nd.

Young goalies are generally all over the place, they usually don't reach their potential until 26-27-28ish. Look at all the turmoil we had with Price before last 2 seasons? Habs have Fucale rated third top prospect because he's rumoured to have Roy type will to win and see working with Waite in near future.

But still chance Fucale won't be much, as with any goalie. Overall, I've often thought of not drafting goalies at all, sign guys like a Condon insttead. When nearing 26-28, after bugs worked out of them. Look at Dubynk or Hammond today? Use them as prospects and depth, or trade chips. Even though we have Price, look how much a Dubynk's trade value has increased since October?

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
This guy just won a Gold Medal at the WJC, and now he sucks?

Roy didn't become consistent until he was into his 30's, not comparing the two, just saying.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

Roy didn't become consistent until he was into his 30's, not comparing the two, just saying.

He is ranked 15 out of 22 for SV% this season, since he's joined the remps he is ranked 21 out of 22 for SV%.

There is no goalie that currently plays in the NHL that had a SV% under .900 in the CHL 2 years after being drafted. Fucale is at .884 and since joining Quebec is at .871.

Callum Booth is at .900 while being 2 years younger than Fucale and they play on the same team.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Sadly, this was the logic which saw the Habs bypass Martin Brodeur in favour of Turner Stevenson in 1990. We were all set in net with Roy after all....

(not comparing Fucale to Brodeur, but if your scouts say a certainplayer is bpa...you take him regardless of position).

It's also the theory we went against when we drafted Price, one year removed from Theodore's Hart season. We could have taken Gilbert Brule instead...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

He could be good but he has quite a bit of question marks. May be wiser to maximize his value in the trade avenue.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Fucale wins games, he's never been a beast in terms of overall save %, but when the score is 2-1 or 5-4, I would bet his save % skyrockets up. You guys have the Carey Price tunnel vision. Fucale is 20, still very young and still not coached full time by Waite.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Fucale wins games, he's never been a beast in terms of overall save %, but when the score is 2-1 or 5-4, I would bet his save % skyrockets up. You guys have the Carey Price tunnel vision. Fucale is 20, still very young and still not coached full time by Waite.

if you only take his SV% since he joined Quebec he would be the second worst goalie in the Q this year.

And he is by far the worst goalie to have played for Quebec this year.

His record his barely over .500 on one of the best team in the Q.

only blind faith can make people say he will turn out to be a good goalie. The way he's been playing this year I'm not sure he makes the AHL next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
if you only take his SV% since he joined Quebec he would be the second worst goalie in the Q this year.

And he is by far the worst goalie to have played for Quebec this year.

His record his barely over .500 on one of the best team in the Q.

only blind faith can make people say he will turn out to be a good goalie. The way he's been playing this year I'm not sure he makes the AHL next year.

I haven't seen him with Quebec but it's concerning that his numbers haven't improved since the trade, as I saw him on the moose and at least you could point to the terrible D in front of him. But I don't think you need to have blind faith to say he will turn out to be a good goalie since he has won when it matters most so for me I want to see how he translates that at the next level as I personally put much of my stock in prospects when I see how they progress at the AHL level.

Hopefully he has a good run at the memorial cup and then carries that over to camp in the fall. If he struggles in the AHL the good news is that we have Condon playing great and can always find draft more or sign undrafted FA's. The Habs always seem to find goalies either through draft, FA or trades and we see to have one of the best goalie coaches in the NHL and AHL since we have the best goalie in the NHL and AHL this year and last year both our NHL/AHL goalies were among the best so clearly we are doing something right. That's not to say that Fucale will do anything special as I just don't know but am willing to wait and see how it goes for him in the AHL.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not a big fan of Fucale, really wouldn't mind packaging him up with other pieces to get something needed in return. Even in the mock draft I remember passing up on him and taking Jarry who I prefered anyways and still do

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
QMJHL Playoffs start tonight and the World Junior starting goalie is the back up. Man has this kid's stock fallen or what?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

He's lucky he didn't blow that gold medal game vs Russia... the kid couldn't buy a save. Can't track the puck and his rebound control is horrendous.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Junior hockey stats mean squat for goalies. We'll see what he does at the pro level.

The year Hull won the Mem Cup, Martin Biron was tossed away as a backup in favor of...Christian frickin' Bronsard...who won the Mem Cup.

Guess who had an NHL career?

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
Look like a bust at this point..... but who cares he was a second rounder and they are plenty of bust in this round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad