Prospect Info: Zachary Fucale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Yeah! One of these team is the Belleville Senators. The team McNiven lost against yesterday ruining a 3-0 lead and he was very weak on the winning goal. Anyway. To go make a search to find that Fucale won four games against weak teams shows how much you want to push him down. Incredible. By the way what is the record of the two other goalies against Belleville and Binghampton?

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
And Fucale. MCNiven had a three goals lead tonight and was not able to protect it. Fucale is the best at winning this year in Laval by a big margin.

True. Fucale is getting better. And that is good news.
But let's not forget that Fucale is 22 years old, and McNiven 20.
The step from the OHL to de AHL can be high for goaltenders.
He needs time.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
True. Fucale is getting better. And that is good news.
But let's not forget that Fucale is 22 years old, and McNiven 20.
The step from the OHL to de AHL can be high for goaltenders.
He needs time.
Yeah and Lindgren is 24 and having a hard time this year in Laval. Yes the team is not strong, but his play in Laval was far from stellar. Lindgren best moments this year were during his first call-up in November. Since then it's tough for him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And Fucale. MCNiven had a three goals lead tonight and was not able to protect it. Fucale is the best at winning this year in Laval by a big margin.

Wins are a team stat.

I have yet to hear someone who actually watched Fucale say he's a better prospect than McNiven/Lindgren or even a decent prospect at this point. The chances are high he is not retained this summer or at best is gonna get a last chance 1 year contract.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Wins are a team stat.

I have yet to hear someone who actually watched Fucale say he's a better prospect than McNiven/Lindgren or even a decent prospect at this point. The chances are high he is not retained this summer or at best is gonna get a last chance 1 year contract.

Wins are a team stat, but if you've followed Fucale for awhile you'd see that he has done this before. He finds a way to win. I do agree that he might be let go though. I'm curious. I'm not sold on Lindgren.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
His personnal stats are as good as Lindgren and he finds a way to win and he is only 22. He is where Lindgren was when he first came with our farm club. Funny how some fans have no patience. Before 25 you cannot count a goalie like Fucale out since at 22 he is a decent AHL goalie.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't look at wins as the true test of a goalie, it says something when all 3 have struggled so badly in gaa and save %. Fucale if he played the same amount as McNiven would be on pace for 61 ga to McNiven's 66. So 5 more goals over 21 games.

I didn't see last nights game, sounds like it went poorly for McNiven and I said I don's understand what they are doing as I just don't agree with how they have handled either McNiven of Fucale.

Here's how it's gone for McNiven,

Starts out in the ECHL then gets called up,

Nov - 6 games
Dec - 4 games
Jan - 5 games
Feb - 2 games
March - 4 games

He's faced the 2 worst teams 3 times and won 2 of them out of his 6 wins. He's had only 4 games where he's let in less then 3 goals and 3 of them were earlier on in the season. So why do they keep him up vs Fucale? doesn't make sense to me.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
4 of Fucale's 9 wins have come against the worst 2 teams in the AHL but I'm glad he's doing better this year. Not sure why the Habs didn't feel the need to bring him in that last game or keep him up to give him a start let alone why they felt the need to keep sending him to the ECHL. Of course they wanted him to get ice time but not sure why they went with the 3 goalie system and not just kept McNiven in the ECHL all year to play a ton even if their defense is terrible as it's not like Laval's is any good. Only 3 teams in the AHL have a worse winning %.
What's that got to do with it? So, he's 7-4 against the better teams. Point is if guy is a winner give him extra opportunity. MAy be something there.

This is same team who waived Dubnyk. The same Dubnyk who very next season was on 2nd all-star team. Played in 2 all-star games and finished in top 5 in Vezina voting 3 if last 4 year.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Some are down on Fucale because he was an early second round pick. That's the only reason because otherwise his progression is fine, not great, but fine. And by the way, for those frustrated because he was picked quite early, go see the second round in 2013. It was awful. Up to now the best player is Lekhonen and we got him. Don't go cherry pick Brett Pesce in the third round. He was passed by a ton of teams, same foe Buchnevich or Guentzel. The reality is that the second round in 2013 is very disapointing. In fact, even the second half of the first round is far from great.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What's that got to do with it? So, he's 7-4 against the better teams. Point is if guy is a winner give him extra opportunity. MAy be something there.

if just about half his wins were against the only 2 teams worse then Laval, it's not as impressive. And his record would be 5-4 against the not 2 worst teams.

Some are down on Fucale because he was an early second round pick. That's the only reason because otherwise his progression is fine, not great, but fine. And by the way, for those frustrated because he was picked quite early, go see the second round in 2013. It was awful. Up to now the best player is Lekhonen and we got him. Don't go cherry pick Brett Pesce in the third round. He was passed by a ton of teams, same foe Buchnevich or Guentzel. The reality is that the second round in 2013 is very disapointing. In fact, even the second half of the first round is far from great.

I don't care where he was picked and it's a good point about 2013 having a weak 2nd round crop. My main problems with Fucale are his rebound control and consistency.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
if just about half his wins were against the only 2 teams worse then Laval, it's not as impressive. And his record would be 5-4 against the not 2 worst teams.

I don't care where he was picked and it's a good point about 2013 having a weak 2nd round crop. My main problems with Fucale are his rebound control and consistency.
Fucale has been a winner everywhere he has been. Set records for career wins in CHL, won World Junior Gold, Ivan Hlinka, Memorial Cup and Spengler Cup. This isn't a flash in pan.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fucale has been a winner everywhere he has been. Set records for career wins in CHL, won World Junior Gold, Ivan Hlinka, Memorial Cup and Spengler Cup. This isn't a flash in pan.

except the AHL where he's 26-25-4, it's not uncommon for prospects that shined in the CHL to struggle in the AHL. No one should doubt that Fucale put up a heck of a resume at 16/17/18 but since turning pro he's had his fair share of struggles. Now we'll see what happens to him.

Just about the only person who knows what he's doing in this organization is Stéphane Waite. He'd say something if Fucale had a future.

I'd add Vincent Riendeau, he was great when working with the goalies in Hamilton in Condon, Tok. Not sure how involved he was with Lindgren last year as he was bumped up to Assistant GM for the IceCaps but now has been moved to Director of Goalie development. He also works with the pro scouts so he must of seen something in Nemi and I know he scouted Condon before we signed him.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
except the AHL where he's 26-25-4, it's not uncommon for prospects that shined in the CHL to struggle in the AHL. No one should doubt that Fucale put up a heck of a resume at 16/17/18 but since turning pro he's had his fair share of struggles. Now we'll see what happens to him.

Well technically that is over .500 because of the loser points. He also did a great job at the Spengler Cup last year. He is also 30-16-2 in the ECHL and had a good playoffs last season. In the end it seems to be partly his own play and the way the organization has handled him and has had a terrible AHL club from most of the last 3 years.

I mean Lindgren is 32-32-2 in the AHL and McNiven is 6-12-1.

His movement within the organization this year has been crazy. Not sure how many of those didn't see an actual physical movement and where more just on paper.

2018-03-07Up/DownMontréal CanadiensLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2018-03-05Up/DownLaval RocketMontréal Canadiens
icon_info.png
2018-02-20Up/DownBrampton BeastLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2018-02-16Up/DownLaval RocketBrampton Beast
icon_info.png
2018-01-29Up/DownBrampton BeastLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2018-01-25Up/DownLaval RocketBrampton Beast
icon_info.png
2018-01-22Up/DownBrampton BeastLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2018-01-17Up/DownLaval RocketBrampton Beast
icon_info.png
2018-01-02Up/DownBrampton BeastLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2017-12-21Up/DownLaval RocketBrampton Beast
icon_info.png
2017-12-04Up/DownBrampton BeastLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2017-11-30Up/DownLaval RocketBrampton Beast
icon_info.png
2017-11-15Up/DownMontréal CanadiensLaval Rocket
icon_info.png
2017-11-10Up/DownLaval RocketMontréal Canadiens
icon_info.png
2017-09-30Up/DownMontréal CanadiensLaval Rocket
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well technically that is over .500 because of the loser points. He also did a great job at the Spengler Cup last year. He is also 30-16-2 in the ECHL and had a good playoffs last season. In the end it seems to be partly his own play and the way the organization has handled him and has had a terrible AHL club from most of the last 3 years.

Would you call technically over .500 a winner? maybe it's semantics but he was a winner in the CHL, in the AHL clearly not since he lost his starting job in the AHL each year and then lost his back up job in his 3rd year. He's put up over 3.1 gaa in his AHL career with a sub .900% or there abouts as I didn't do the math. I think the Habs certainly did not handle him well, he looked overmatched as a 20 year old in the AHL, then the next year he spends just about every game in the ECHL, it should have been the other way around imo. Then this year i don't know what the f*** they are even doing with him. Just doesn't make sense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well what happens with Zach Fucale? He is a restricted free agent and has not been able to really take the next steps in his development. Looks like a second round bust.

Why do most of the Habs prospects not develop properly? Is it the player or the developers? Lefebvre and his crew simply are not producing enough NHL players which I believe is their primary mission.

Another wasted pick.

Jul 6, 2016
I rarely seen a tall goalie like him looking so small in his net. Always on his knee or belly. Reminds me of Jocelyn Thibeault.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well what happens with Zach Fucale? He is a restricted free agent and has not been able to really take the next steps in his development. Looks like a second round bust.

Why do most of the Habs prospects not develop properly? Is it the player or the developers? Lefebvre and his crew simply are not producing enough NHL players which I believe is their primary mission.

Another wasted pick.

I would bring him back, but I don't think he'll be back, they gave Lindgren and McNiven the final 2 games, not sure why they didn't give more games to Fucale when he had slightly better numbers. Guess we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
But he is the goalers that had the most win in the AHL and better stats then McNiven and Lindgren ! I think if Ducharme come coaching the Rocket, Fucale will stay

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I also doubt he will be back next season. Would be nice to see him join another team and actually get a chance to show what he can do at the NHL level.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->