Rumor: Zacha agrees to terms w/ Avangard (KHL) (not officially announced yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Was going to be in a good position to grow his game this year facing easier matchups as 3C now that they have Hughes and Hischier. Could have seen a 30-40 point season for him which would leave to a $3-4 million contract next summer if he just did a 1 year bridge this summer. Very odd indeed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Was going to be in a good position to grow his game this year facing easier matchups as 3C now that they have Hughes and Hischier. Could have seen a 30-40 point season for him which would leave to a $3-4 million contract next summer if he just did a 1 year bridge this summer. Very odd indeed.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. I figured he would sign a 1 year deal at a mill or so and then excel as a 3rd liner and sign a big deal next year.

But hey, if taking off to KHL is a better idea for him, fly atter

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He could do really well in KHL and come back. They can't send him to AHL anymore so could work out for development.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
He’s an RFA. It’s easy to claim he’s running but for all we know he wasn’t being offered anything close to a fair contract. It’s amazing how many people on here jump on players based on broad assumptions. It’s an RFAs right not to sign if they choose not too.

I’m still a little disappointed as I still thought Zach had a chance at breaking out but it’s not fair to demonize the man.

It's disgusting. RFA stands for restricted FREE AGENT. Fans (not just Devils fans) act like these guys are their team's property or something. Zacha has every right to find the best situation for himself.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
It's disgusting. RFA stands for restricted FREE AGENT. Fans (not just Devils fans) act like these guys are their team's property or something. Zacha has every right to find the best situation for himself.

I don't root for the New Jersey Zacha's. I root for the Devils.

The Devils just lost a premium asset for nothing. Or rather, the Devils wasted the opportunity to acquire a premium asset on a bust. That stings.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I thank god everyday that the Devils franchise took him over Provorov.

It's funny cause during draft meetings before 2015 draft I can tell you very accurately there was 1 scout that pushed hard and fought for NJ to draft Barzal. The rest of the scouts/management said he was too small and couldn't skate well.

That scout and NJ parted ways after that situation and he now scouts elsewhere(sorry I'm not gonna say what team he is with now)

Woulda been cool seeing Barzal in NJ

Reactions: Curufinwe

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
This is such a misinformed statement. This literally has nothing to do with being an RFA and everything to do with him simply having no contract. If you have no contract, you can go to any other league you want.

Offer sheets are rare and usually not given to marginal performers like Zacha, so he effectively could only sign with the Devils. If free agency worked differently, and more teams could make him offers, I bet he either would have signed somewhere else in the NHL or the Devils would have extended him earlier. Just speculation, but I don't think it's a big leap. The fact that he waited so long to sign the KHL contract suggests to me that he was trying to get a better contract out of the Devils and gave up.

Devilsfan118

Jun 11, 2010
NJ
They lost a premium asset when they drafted him.

I don't disagree. But he still showed flashes here and there where he looked like he could've been a top-6 guy.

Now they've officially lost it and I'm just a little annoyed, as my posts would indicate.

Devilsfan118

Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Damn, what an awful pick in a really strong draft.

88800919.jpg.0.jpg

"But you can't teach size!"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Offer sheets are rare and usually not given to marginal performers like Zacha, so he effectively could only sign with the Devils. If free agency worked differently, and more teams could make him offers, I bet he either would have signed somewhere else in the NHL or the Devils would have extended him earlier. Just speculation, but I don't think it's a big leap. The fact that he waited so long to sign the KHL contract suggests to me that he was trying to get a better contract out of the Devils and gave up.
If he was any good someone might have offered him something. Teams aren't running around clamoring for 25 point forwards that think they deserve top 6 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad