Rumor: Zacha agrees to terms w/ Avangard (KHL) (not officially announced yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
does this mean anything? is it an insurance for him or is he just like **** it im not playing in the nhl

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
That means he's in the KHL now, right? Since the KHL doesn't have a transfer agreement?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His career has been an extreme disappointment compared to his draft peers but it did seem he was rounding the corner into a really solid piece (albeit probably not a core one) for the Devils by the end of last season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What a bad idea.. he's not exactly that good in the NHL and he is pulling this?

How much could he possibly be asking for from the Devils? I woulda assumed he would get a very small deal from NJ and woulda assumed him and his agent would realize that too

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
What a bad idea.. he's not exactly that good in the NHL and he is pulling this?

How much could he possibly be asking for from the Devils? I woulda assumed he would get a very small deal from NJ and woulda assumed him and his agent would realize that too

The Devils got Hughes and Gusev, he was probably knocked out of the top six and would not have gotten much power play time. I understand it.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Or he could do the old fashion thing and go to camp and try to beat them out and win a spot in top 6.

But then again that idea is foreign nowadays lol.

When in doubt, run!

He’s an RFA. It’s easy to claim he’s running but for all we know he wasn’t being offered anything close to a fair contract. It’s amazing how many people on here jump on players based on broad assumptions. It’s an RFAs right not to sign if they choose not too.

I’m still a little disappointed as I still thought Zach had a chance at breaking out but it’s not fair to demonize the man.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
giphy.gif

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Or he could do the old fashion thing and go to camp and try to beat them out and win a spot in top 6.

But then again that idea is foreign nowadays lol.

When in doubt, run!

Yeah, I don't agree with that. Zacha was not beating out Hall, Hischier, Hughes, Gusev, Bratt, or Palmieri. The Devils also have other middle six quality forwards like Zajac, Coleman, Wood, Anderson, and Simmonds. The reality is that a strong camp would have landed Zacha on the 3rd line. A weak camp would be 4th line or bench. I'm sure that he believes he will have a better chance to develop his game in the KHL if he's getting top line minutes and special teams.

Zacha probably would have been better off with another NHL team that needed a 2C, even if he's a weak 2C at this point, but NHL teams are super reluctant to trade high-draft-pick players unless they're severely underperforming, like Strome in Arizona. Ideally he could have gone to Devils management and asked for a trade to team that needs forwards, but god forbid a player does that, he's "selfish" or a "a problem" rather than simply doing the sensible thing when you've been passed by on the depth chart.

I'm disappointed to lose him as a Devils fan, but I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad