Zach Hyman “The Line King” !

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Zach Hyman “The Line King” !

No matter how much has been said about Zach Hyman , it’s not enough , this player is the heart and soul of our team , the pulse and the cog that gives us an identity of hard working , honest , never say die attitude that is contagious, on every line he goes to .
Last night was another example of his ability to impact his line-mates and his team to greater heights than without him . Every line he is inserted in seems to rejuvenate and inspire his line mates and team to greater heights . He plays hurt , he plays hard , he plays with passion and grit and also scores in different ways and shows brilliance on goals like last night . He plays the PP and on the SH and makes those units better as well .
He is admired by his team and management and fans alike .
He’s terrific with the press and has a dynamic positive personality .
I can’t say enough about this player , he would do well in any era on any team on any line .we are fortunate to have him and we should do everything in our power to re sign him and make him a permanent and long term leaf in our organization , and I certainly could see him in coaching or management one day ..
So Zach Friggen Hyman I salute you for all your hard work and dedication and output .

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The #50pointhyman will never rest!!
Me and the other hymanators will continue to fight the rhetoric and BS that gets slung at zacholicious and we shall emerge victorious!!!

Zach acies regem

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Pls make it happen , I’m not good with this wizard box , I’m still on a abacus lol

Here you go...:naughty:

SIMBA_hyman_final.jpg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That’s a good question ?
I don’t know ..
Anyone have the answer ?

If they sign him before the expansion draft they have to protect him and expose someone else.

If they wait until after, they can protect someone else and then re-sign Hyman as a UFA.

So it depends if you think Hyman would be a risk to leave as UFA or if he would accept a gentleman's agreement to just wait until after the draft to sign his extension.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
The takes on Hyman during his rookie year compared to now are hilarious
We don’t seem to value North American / Canadian hard working players nowadays ... when you look back at all of these type of players that have come from Canada and played junior here or have then gone to to US afterwards .. there doesn’t seem to be the appreciation there ..
We seem to be more enamoured with the European flavoured player now more and more , even in the hard working bottom 6 player ..
It’s a shame really .

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
If they sign him before the expansion draft they have to protect him and expose someone else.

If they wait until after, they can protect someone else and then re-sign Hyman as a UFA.

So it depends if you think Hyman would be a risk to leave as UFA or if he would accept a gentleman's agreement to just wait until after the draft to sign his extension.
Thanks Zeke , I knew you would would have the goods ...

Reactions: Pi

MVPMatthews

Feb 11, 2021
Been a Hyman fan since he was first called up with the crew before even Matthews and Marner. Really remember watching to see how Nylander did, but was shocked by the hustle of Hyman

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
You got to love a player like that , I know that’s how I played in 3 different sports with a lot less talent and lots more fisticuffs ... lol that’s why I know he will make a great coach or even higher !
He’s the true Canadian eh !
Lots of heart , always overachieving, never say never attitude .
I know we have so many great players , but he’s my favourite, I must admit ...
Go leafs Go

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Don’t they need to wait until after the expansion draft to sign him?

So you don’t have protect him it would be a good idea.

Personally I look at
AM
JT
Marner
Nylander

Rielly
Brodie
Muzzin
Holl

Campbell

you extend Hyman 3.5-4 million x 8.

Robertson AM Nylander
Amirov JT Marner
Hyman ??????? Mikheyev
????? ????? ?????

If you don’t think Amirov is ready you find another vet willing to take a discount to play top 6 minutes.

Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Liljegren
Sandin Holl

Campbell
?????

Hopefully they can find a taker on Kerfoot and perhaps Engvall but if not Engvall is a decent enough 4th liner.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad