News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My hostility lies with Botterill for not making the obvious choice of waiving Bogosian much sooner.

That decision cost us wins that would've gotten us into the qualifiers and also an NHL caliber defenseman from our roster.

Exactly. Al in the name of keeping the card partner for the captain.

I don’t wish Bogo ill in life. But his constantly broken body and outsized contract for his contributions, his constant lack of intelligent play and his his tempestuous departure all left me with more than a little animosity toward him as a player.

Member 308457

Bogo didn't fit in here and never assumed a consistent role mainly due to long stretches of injuries and inconsistent play. His pluses were the sandpaper (Bogo and Eichel laughing after a scrum) some scoring and a steadying influence.
His minuses included bad passes which because of the bad quality of the roster, couldn't make up for it. His contributions weren't enough for his big salary.

Now with Tampa, he's surrounded by much better players who have been together for a long time. They can overcome his mistakes and allow him to take risks with better finishers. I hear he's doing really well now and I wish Bogo success in Tampa Bay.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
My hostility lies with Botterill for not making the obvious choice of waiving Bogosian much sooner.

That decision cost us wins that would've gotten us into the qualifiers and also an NHL caliber defenseman from our roster.
Let's not get crazy. We weren't winning more games by waiving Bogosian. He should have been gone but the incompetence of Sabres management would have still lost us all those games.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
He's going to have derpy flashbacks when he sees the B's sweaters bearing down on him, grenades a-comin this series

Nostradamus_oval-sm.gif

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He's been reliable for one minor every two games and down to under 15 minutes this last game, which is probably why I didn't notice any mistakes from him. Seems like the same ol Bogo to me.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Remember when we told ourselves that swapping Myers, who was actually good at hockey, for Bogosian would be an upgrade. Good times.
Fans hating guys like myers, ehrhoff and sekera because they weren't tough was something I'll never forget

Only took a few years of watching mike Weber, bogo, rivet, gorges and to some extent risto and McCabe to get people to realize there has to be balance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad