News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Check out his thread on Tampa's board. They love the guy.
I mean, there aren't many glowing reviews of BOGO's performance as much as there are general agreements that he is healthy and hasn't f***ed up royally yet. It's more a discussion of how great Hedman is because he can make players like BOGO look good.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I mean, there aren't many glowing reviews of BOGO's performance as much as there are general agreements that he is healthy and hasn't f***ed up royally yet. It's more a discussion of how great Hedman is because he can players like BOGO look good.

I've watched TB a lot this playoff season. Bogosian has played a lot like to Bogosian we know. But Tampa is so good at passing and moving the puck, that it hides his deficiencies. All he's got to do is make one pass and he's good.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I've watched TB a lot this playoff season. Bogosian has played a lot like to Bogosian we know. But Tampa is so good at passing and moving the puck, that it hides his deficiencies. All he's got to do is make one pass and he's good.
Yeah I just watched him get the puck behind his own net, shield the puck with his back to the ice despite not being under pressure, and then finally once under pressure blindly fling the puck up the boards on a backhand which kucherov was able to grab and move in transition

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah I just watched him get the puck behind his own net, shield the puck with his back to the ice despite not being under pressure, and then finally once under pressure blindly fling the puck up the boards on a backhand which kucherov was able to grab and move in transition

Exactly

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Last edited:
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
"“I was like praying this season was going to resume for Zach’s sake, after all he’s been through and what he’s put himself through to get out of Buffalo,” Bianca said. “I was praying that he had the opportunity to play in the playoffs this season.”

Zach Bogosian's family is all in on his pursuit of the Stanley Cup with Tampa

What he put himself through. Does she mean being so bad that he couldn't crack a lineup of underperforming players on a team that couldn't make the most ridiculously large playoff pool in history? Did she just admit that he intentionally dogged it, because that's the only reason that line makes any sense.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
"“I was like praying this season was going to resume for Zach’s sake, after all he’s been through and what he’s put himself through to get out of Buffalo,” Bianca said. “I was praying that he had the opportunity to play in the playoffs this season.”

Zach Bogosian's family is all in on his pursuit of the Stanley Cup with Tampa

Comical. What did he put himself through to get out?

The team stuck by him through numerous injuries. The first time he's a healthy scratch, and his world falls apart? Whatevs. You're last name isn't Hedman or Karlsson.

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
What he put himself through. Does she mean being so bad that he couldn't crack a lineup of underperforming players on a team that couldn't make the most ridiculously large playoff pool in history? Did she just admit that he intentionally dogged it, because that's the only reason that line makes any sense.

He may have been lobbying for a trade (especially after seeing his reaction to being scratched), which would also explain her statement. These days it's unlikely something like that wouldn't leak out, but not impossible.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
He may have been lobbying for a trade (especially after seeing his reaction to being scratched), which would also explain her statement. These days it's unlikely something like that wouldn't leak out, but not impossible.

He definitely wanted out. But it’s really really hard to trade $5.1M to a contender unless you’re taking a bad contract back (IE Backes when he was with the Bruins and even then I’m sure he waived his NMC for sunny California). But he got his money when we bought him out, so it’s a lot easier to sign with a contender for $700K then.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
My hostility towards Bogo has mellowed. All that charity work he did has to count for something. He was a force of nature in that area getting other players involved. You can't hate a guy that put so much into bringing joy to kids with cancer. Someone's going to have to step up to fill the void.

At the end of the day you have to look out for number one. Just look at how the Pegula's are ruthlessly preserving their lifestyle. I probably would have done the same thing in Bogo's shoes.

Disclaimer: this does not mean there will not be a steady stream of Bogo jokes.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
My hostility towards Bogo has mellowed. All that charity work he did has to count for something. He was a force of nature in that area getting other players involved. You can't hate a guy that put so much into bringing joy to kids with cancer. Someone's going to have to step up to fill the void.

At the end of the day you have to look out for number one. Just look at how the Pegula's are ruthlessly preserving their lifestyle. I probably would have done the same thing in Bogo's shoes.

Disclaimer: this does not mean there will not be a steady stream of Bogo jokes.

If the Pegs wanna conserve their lifestyle, maybe the should look into Bogo sales...

No need to boo me! I’ll see myself out *exits stage left*

Reactions: Dex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad