Zach Bogosian on waivers, thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'd rather play Marincin.

This would be a prime example of bringing in a player for the sake of doing something. Bogosian is complete garbage and even a team like Buffalo doesn't want him.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Absolutely not. Cap hit doesn't change. Money owed does...hit does not
Well, if you are certain , I will accept that. I knew what he was making at the beginning of the season and tried to guess what 75%, but I don't really follow the cap. So, if you do, I stand corrected.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Absolutely not. Cap hit doesn't change. Money owed does...hit does not

The cap is usually a daily thing. For example if you have 2 million in space then halfway through the season you can add 4 million as only 2 of that 4 million is left. However when using LTIR that's not how it works, you get an overage and use the full season numbers so we would need the 5.1 and change like you said. You're both right in a way.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
The cap is usually a daily thing. For example if you have 2 million in space then halfway through the season you can add 4 million as only 2 of that 4 million is left. However when using LTIR that's not how it works, you get an overage and use the full season numbers so we would need the 5.1 and change like you said. You're both right in a way.
For sure. The 5.1 is what we would need available. That's the main number that matters imo and what I meant

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
If it works with the cap, there is no downside. You play him 1 game and if he makes an impact on the pk, and be somewhat reliable defensively similar to holl, it makes sense, especially if Keefe doesn't plan on increasing Liljegrens minutes. And if it turns out he can't play anymore, you waive him or sit him in the press box and he becomes the extra over marincin.

The problem with Zach Bogosian isn't that he can't play anymore, it's that he could never play in the first place. I watched him frequently in Atlanta and followed him over to Winnipeg (the 2008 draft was the first I watched and he was my pet prospect). He has Luke Schenn syndrome -- he has never improved on his rookie year.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
For a conditional 7th rd pick...and them retaining 50%...I'd do it.

Worth a reclamation project with all our injuries on defense

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I think he gets claimed by someone below us in the standings with cap space and nothing to lose.... considering he is a ufa at year end. If he performs well, you can re-sign him for cheap and have a free veteran rh defender. Maybe NY?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He's not good enough for Buffalo and people want to get him here?
We're down a couple defenseman and he is probably a minor upgrade on Marincin. I also think like Clifford, even if only used as an extra, a guy like Bogosian on deck against gritty playoff teams would probably be a good call. It will cost like a 7th rd. pick and you'd only make a move like that if there isn't a better deal sitting there on D-day.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He obviously shouldn't be the 1st or 2nd option.

But if all else fails, I really dont see the downside to giving him a chance to see if he can reclaim his former self. Especially if he comes for a very low cost.

He has a nasty side that we're desperately missing on the back end. But if he doesnt pan out, than bench him. Like I said, the cost to acquiring him should be peanuts

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
We have the LTIR room to fit him, give up no assets and see what happens.
He is mean, experienced, right handed and eager to prove himself.

I would leverage this on the Dunbar deal

Reactions: NovaLeaf

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We have the LTIR room to fit him, give up no assets and see what happens.
He is mean, experienced, right handed and eager to prove himself.

I would leverage this on the Dunbar deal

Yeah exactly.

Trade a Body from the Marlies (Aberg?) and conditional 7th rd pick.....for Bogosian (50%) retained.

See how it goes.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I love guys who want to prove something. I admit I haven’t seen much of him this year, but he’s a mean hombre and I would rather not trade any more picks.

If he is better than who we can call up, this works for us.

Of course if we can get Dumba without too much pain I would do that. That seems tough now with Johnsson hurt.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'd rather play Marincin.

This would be a prime example of bringing in a player for the sake of doing something. Bogosian is complete garbage and even a team like Buffalo doesn't want him.

Lol yeah I'd rather not.

I dont care how bad Bogosian is, I still want him over Marincin

member 300185

Hard yes. Free wallet. RHD and just needs a change of scenery. He plays DEFENCE people. He is exactly what we need, a stay at home D man. He also comes in mighty cheap with only a cost of about 2 mill for the rest of the year.

Its a chance you take on a once might D man.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Hard yes. Free wallet. RHD and just needs a change of scenery. He plays DEFENCE people. He is exactly what we need, a stay at home D man. He also comes in mighty cheap with only a cost of about 2 mill for the rest of the year.

Its a chance you take on a once might D man.
He doesn't really play defense. Unless you mean something else than 'actively stop the opponent from creating offense' when you say defense.

member 300185

He doesn't really play defense. Unless you mean something else than 'actively stop the opponent from creating offense' when you say defense.
There is no risk here Nithoniniel. Put him in the 5/6 slot. Can't possibly be worse than Marincin. He's cheap and its possible a change of scenery will light a fire under his ass.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Yes a free wallet and with injuries we could absorb the cap. But would limit the ability to make any other trades at the deadline with that cap hit. We've been in cap hell all year and we finally have a window creaking open with a few bucks... I say spend it carefully.

As an aside with the update of Reilly now "late march"... looking at the end of year schedule... last 3 games are caps on the 31st, wings 2nd and the habs April 4 to end the season. Might be able to use his cap space too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad