Dreger: Zach Bogosian has requested a trade

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
200.gif

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'd still take him, but I won't lie he does have a bad contract. I do see him taking a contract with whatever team is insanely desperate for D at something between $1-3 Million maybe potentially bouncing around to many teams.

He was good during his tenure with the Jets, but injuries just caught up to him. But I still think he has juice left in the tank.

But the reason LA gives Buffalo Toffoli is because he's a pending UFA and Buffalo would be looking to contend, plus no teams wouldn't retain salary and get what they need at no extra costs.
The Kings could easily just take on the full contract for Bogo.. now you'd obviously had to add because Buffalo has zero leverage.. they have too many Dmen.. Bogo and your 1st gets Toffoli! nothing less!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The money he’s made in his career was highway robbery. His best season was his rookie year. Talk about not living up to expectations. I get he wants to play but man, he’s not good, always injuried and carries a brutal cap hit for this season.

I wouldn’t dump Brandon Manning for him.

42.300M career earnings with another 3.200M to be earned this season. How does a guy with this skill set make 45M before the age of 30?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Winnipeg wouldn't be a bad option. But if salary can work Edmonton may not be such a bad idea either simply because they could use the depth

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
42.300M career earnings with another 3.200M to be earned this season. How does a guy with this skill set make 45M before the age of 30?

His skill set is fine. Its the IQ he has a problem with ( i should of said "was" instead of "is" because he's broke now)

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly as a Sabres fan that wanted him gone seasons ago, I'm insulted. They obviously stupidly held onto him and most of that was probably because he was hurt/playing horrible. He's finally healthy-ish after multiple surgeries and now he wants out. I was planning on just waiting out the season to bring the champagne out but obviously he needs it more than me. My dude should feel happy a club held onto him this long.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He's a good PKer and has some leadership. Receiving team would get a fight or two out of him. He sees the end of his career barrelling toward him like a freight train, he knows he can't earn that next paycheck in Buffalo.

I've been wondering lately if he isn't injured again, just because he seems to be a little slower than I remember him, but it could just be the NHL has gotten that much faster. He's been making some really bad decisions in the dzone.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Detroit did send many defensemen down so I could see the Red Wings doing it, plus they have cap space. But why I don't see it happening is because Detroit's vets are likely retiring there. I highly doubt the Jets bring him back for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with his contract.

Arizona, Columbus, Los Angeles, would also make good use of him. But I think Kings and Coyotes would be the two teams most likely to add him.

Zach Bogosian to Los Angeles for Tyler Toffoli

Zach Bogosian, Carter Hutton, and Stars 7th 2020 to Arizona for Antti Raanta

Why would Detroit bring in an expensive veteran UFA?

Reactions: FedorTyutin

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
He's one of the worst defencemen in the National Hockey League, on one of the worst defensive squads in the National Hockey League. I doubt there is any interest him at any price, except if he's traded along with some picks as a cap dump.

Seeya in Europe, Bogo.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Dreger breaking this story. Let me guess who is agent is...could it be Ferris?

I don't have an issue with Dreger, but whenever he has inside knowledge that seems to come from players, they're almost always tied to Ferris. I'm assuming this is the same case.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's called "pulling a Seabrook". It's when you are old, overpaid, largely useless player but feel people should never scratch you and generally give you the benefit of the doubt because you are an "experienced veteran leader", in addition to being old and overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad