Dreger: Zach Bogosian has requested a trade

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Everybody really wants your 13th forward, don't they.

According to Friedman, Buffalo really wants him.

I think it happens to be honest; they are very close cap wise and are both UFAs

Neither are very valuable

Rutherford may just be looking for a depth dman

Nah, the deal's going to be Galchenyuk with salary retained for Sheary if anything happens. They already have too many defensemen, Buffalo would have to take one back and that doesn't help them.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Detroit did send many defensemen down so I could see the Red Wings doing it, plus they have cap space. But why I don't see it happening is because Detroit's vets are likely retiring there. I highly doubt the Jets bring him back for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with his contract.

Arizona, Columbus, Los Angeles, would also make good use of him. But I think Kings and Coyotes would be the two teams most likely to add him.

Zach Bogosian to Los Angeles for Tyler Toffoli

Zach Bogosian, Carter Hutton, and Stars 7th 2020 to Arizona for Antti Raanta

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The money he’s made in his career was highway robbery. His best season was his rookie year. Talk about not living up to expectations. I get he wants to play but man, he’s not good, always injuried and carries a brutal cap hit for this season.

I wouldn’t dump Brandon Manning for him.

Jan 21, 2018
I feel no pity for Bogosian after what he did to Atlanta. Let me bring everyone’s attention back to the 2008 draft:

2nd overall: LA drafts Doughty
3rd overall: ATL drafts Bogosian
4th overall: STL drafts Pietrangelo

LA/STL both have cups thanks to large contributions from their 2008 1st round pick. Meanwhile Bogosian was so bad that ATL decided to fold their team to get Bogosian as far away from them as possible.

Am i making this all up? Probably. Do i know where I’m going with this post? Definitely not. But don’t let any this distract you from the fact that the Leafs drafted Luke Schenn 5th overall, somehow making an even worse selection than ATL.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit did send many defensemen down so I could see the Red Wings doing it, plus they have cap space. But why I don't see it happening is because Detroit's vets are likely retiring there.

Arizona, Columbus, Los Angeles, would also make good use of him. But I think Kings and Coyotes would be the two teams most likely to add him.

Why in the world would L.A. give Toffoli who’s worth a 2nd+ at the deadline for Bogosian who’s a pending UFA who’s never lived up to his contract.

I’d be surprised if someone took him for free on waivers at his cap hit.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel no pity for Bogosian after what he did to Atlanta. Let me bring everyone’s attention back to the 2008 draft:

2nd overall: LA drafts Doughty
3rd overall: ATL drafts Bogosian
4th overall: STL drafts Pietrangelo

LA/STL both have cups thanks to large contributions from their 2008 1st round pick. Meanwhile Bogosian was so bad that ATL decided to fold their team to get Bogosian as far away from them as possible.

Am i making this all up? Probably. Do i know where I’m going with this post? Definitely not. But don’t let any this distract you from the fact that the Leafs drafted Luke Schenn 5th overall, somehow making an even worse selection than ATL.

*thunderous applause by Sunny ensues*

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The money he’s made in his career was highway robbery. His best season was his rookie year. Talk about not living up to expectations. I get he wants to play but man, he’s not good, always injured and carries a brutal cap hit for this season.

I wouldn’t dump Brandon Manning for him.

Why in the world would L.A. give Toffoli who’s worth a 2nd+ at the deadline for Bogosian who’s a pending UFA who’s never lived up to his contract?

I’d be surprised if someone took him for free on waivers at his cap hit.

I'd still take him, but I won't lie he does have a bad contract. I do see him taking a contract with whatever team is insanely desperate for D at something between $1-3 Million maybe potentially bouncing around to many teams.

He was good during his tenure with the Jets, but injuries just caught up to him. But I still think he has juice left in the tank.

But the reason LA gives Buffalo Toffoli is because he's a pending UFA and Buffalo would be looking to contend, plus no teams wouldn't retain salary and get what they need at no extra costs.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Detroit did send many defensemen down so I could see the Red Wings doing it, plus they have cap space. But why I don't see it happening is because Detroit's vets are likely retiring there. I highly doubt the Jets bring him back for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with his contract.

haha what? none of those teams would be 'likely' or even interested in an expiring contract/player like Bogo

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You can't have enough right-shot defensemen. Babs will want him on the leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad