GDT: YST G1 | Oilers vs. Canucks | 8:30PM | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Rinaldo*

mcdavid got rattled and never settled down after it. that kid christoffer you guys brought in is a real gamer. that's the type of dude you guys need.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
mcdavid got rattled and never settled down after it. that kid christoffer you guys brought in is a real gamer. that's the type of dude you guys need.

Nope. Got hit, played very well after and could have easily had 3 assists on great set ups.

It was very obvious that he wasn't played at full-till after that hit, which was a smart decision. We're not going to lose our top prospect to a bunch of morons who think their job is to run the best player on the ice to get a job in the NHL.

McDeathbyCheerios*

It was more his wingers just ran around all night and he was going at like 50% all night, seemed to me he wanted the other guys to have a chance to get going.

Agreed with Christoffer big surprise but kid has game.

Zac Rinaldo*

also laleggia moves laterally and recognizes shooting lanes quickly better than most. his gap coverage is really mediocre and he tries to use his stick too much to compensate for it which will not translate to the nhl, he will get owned on the inside. but i was really impressed with him.

Zac Rinaldo*

Nope. Got hit, played very well after and could have easily had 3 assists on great set ups.

It was very obvious that he wasn't played at full-till after that hit, which was a smart decision. We're not going to lose our top prospect to a bunch of morons who think their job is to run the best player on the ice to get a job in the NHL.

that's a wrong opinion.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Slepyshev, Christoffer, LaLeggia, Platzer, Bukarts, and Leveille were all guys that caught my eye in a good way outside of the obvious.

Wasn't super impressed by Rankin, Betker, or Waltz.

Laurikainen a little wobbly in spots but got the job done.

Bouchard is still Bouchard.

Moroz will be an NHLer one day but a 3rd line grinder at best.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Is Moroz the worst pick the Oilers have ever made? He couldnt possibly have less hockey sense.

Without hyperbole, I kinda hate him. Couldnt even goon properly tonight.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013

How did it rattle him?? He got up and continued to play exactly as he was playing before.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Is Moroz the worst pick the Oilers have ever made? He couldnt possibly have less hockey sense.

No we have made worse picks. Moroz wasn't even that bad tonight

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

No, he's not the worst pick we've ever made. Not even close. But it was one horrible pick. Just awful. He'll never make the NHL and within 3 years he'll be in the DEL.

Just an awful, awful pick.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Why are you trying so hard to get your skewed version of McDavid's game out there? You posted the same thing in the Boston vs. Buffalo thread.

Zac Rinaldo*

How did it rattle him?? He got up and continued to play exactly as he was playing before.

his netdrive was very hesitant for the rest of the game. even his zone entries were not as quick as is typical of him because he was too heads up and less instinctive at the latter half of the neutral zone.

i think virtanen got in his head and he got too token points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad