GDT: YSC Game 1 | Oilers Rookies vs Jets Rookies | September 16 2022, 5:00PM | EdmontonOilers.com

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Missed the game. How did Boargault, Holloway and Broberg look?
I saw bits and Bourgault and Holloway looked good. I thought Kielb looked good too. Not many comments on him but scored a goal and a few other very good rushes. Bourgault you notice always and he created the stripped puck on the winning goal late in game.

Really? When I see him with them I see someone being unpredictable and chaotic for his linemates along with the opposition.

Okay if that’s true then why doesn’t Woodcroft keep him with McDavid? Why was he moved to the third line in the playoffs instead of Yamamoto?
Are you contractually obligated to talk about Pulju in every thread? This is the prospects tournament thread. Here you are throwing shade on Pulju in several posts in this thread, which has nothing at all to do with Pulju. . Maybe give it a rest.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Glad to see the kids looking good. Holloway, Broberg and Bourgault stating their cases that they’re ready for NHL duty. Wonder who makes the cut?

Meanwhile, Shelbyville showing why you don’t trade all of your picks to keep your team “competitive” (and not actual contenders). (Yes, it’s just a rookie game but these kids are fighting to look good for consideration on the big club…)

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Glad to see the kids looking good. Holloway, Broberg and Bourgault stating their cases that they’re ready for NHL duty. Wonder who makes the cut?

Meanwhile, Shelbyville showing why you don’t trade all of your picks to keep your team “competitive” (and not actual contenders). (Yes, it’s just a rookie game but these kids are fighting to look good for consideration on the big club…)
I think Broberg and Holloway make it this year and Bourgault plays in the AHL

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Watched the game just my observations

Holloway best player on the ice. Speed, passing, and forchecking ability unreal. This kid is a stud could have had 4+ points.

Broberg Low event mature game focusing on his own end first. I wanted to see if the weight gain affected his mobility and it did not. Looks ready for main camp.

Bourgault was so silky smooth. Skating definitely improved. He will be in the nhl in the next year or 2.

Max wanner(?) Solid defenseman good skating right shot with decent puck skills and physical. Very event free and his skating was decent. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

Michael kesselring what a game big fast skating defenseman. I was very impressed he was all over the ice. His skating and size were unreal looked like a man amongst boys.

Just a couple of my observations my friends

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Came here to read about the prospect impressions and all I see is more JP talk. Groan

This is a perfect parallel to JP's game!

On the ice he is always just involved enough to help keep play moving the right way, even if he isn't making the high end plays to finish things off often. And on the forum, he just finds a way to sprinkle himself into every thread :)

Reactions: oilers'72

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I think Broberg and Holloway make it this year and Bourgault plays in the AHL
Bourgault has to go back down to the juniors, no? Still 19 and just entering his draft +2 year, think he's still subject to the CHL/NHL agreement unless they changed it recently

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If XB needs to go to junior, then play him in NHL.

Kane McDavid Yamamoto
Hyman Draisaitl XB
Järnmark Nuge Puljujärvi
Holloway MacLeod Shore

Not ideal, but has to be a go.
RW is very weak.

Reactions: Duke74

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
So anyone have impressions on big guys (Broberg, Holloway and Bourgault)

Any other standout performances?

Is there an archive of the game anywhere?

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So anyone have impressions on big guys (Broberg, Holloway and Bourgault)

Any other standout performances?

Is there an archive of the game anywhere?
I'll chime in with a future prognosis... not so much report card on their games.

At first I wasn't really all that impressed with Broberg or Holloway given what I saw in the game but given a little time to scrutinize their play I'm happy.

Two big bodies that are close to being NHL level players. They both can really skate, have decent tool sets and will be known for playing two-way hockey. Both will be able to help the Oilers for over a decade.

Bourgault could be another David Perron down the road. Skilled, shoots around the ice like a dart looking for offence and unpredictable... keeps you on the edge of your seat. He's going to be a powerplay weapon. He won't make the team this season but he shouldn't go back to junior. It would be a bad call to send him to Shawinigan when he might be able to put up ~45-50 points in Bakersfield.

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Bourgault has to go back down to the juniors, no? Still 19 and just entering his draft +2 year, think he's still subject to the CHL/NHL agreement unless they changed it recently
No, due to his Oct. birthday he will be going to the AHL instead, if not the nhl haha. He could return to the Q but it would be as an overager, and that would never happen as it would be developmentally backwards

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Guys with Sept15-Dec31 birthdays only need one year of junior after being drafted.

For some reason the CBA determines 18 and 19 year old seasons by the player's age on Sept 15, but 20 year olds on Dec31, so technically Bourgault is going into his 20 year old season this year and can play in the A.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Really? When I see him with them I see someone being unpredictable and chaotic for his linemates along with the opposition.

Okay if that’s true then why doesn’t Woodcroft keep him with McDavid? Why was he moved to the third line in the playoffs instead of Yamamoto?
Because hes a young player trying to find consistency?

What happened to Yamamoto during the first 30 games of the season when Puljujarvi was lighting it up? and yamamoto was going 10+ games without even getting a shot on goal.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Bourgault had a strong game, he and Holloway had chemistry.

Holloway and Broberg looked a cut above
Simple yet very accurate summarization.

The Flames invited a kid named “Evan Boucher”. Treliving is such a tool, hes just jealous we have Evan Bouchard.
Unknown fact. Treliving's favorite movie is The Waterboy.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Very VERY early overreaction observation but Schaefer looks like a plug. Having never seen him play, this is my first viewing of him and it was not inspiring. I can see why so many here (who have probably seen him play) were against the pick if tonight's game is any indication of what he will be.
I thought the same about Petrov
We don’t have a first line RWer
Hyman most likely moves over. Keeping RNH/Kane in the top 6 on the LW

Reactions: Duke74

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Guys with Sept15-Dec31 birthdays only need one year of junior after being drafted.

For some reason the CBA determines 18 and 19 year old seasons by the player's age on Sept 15, but 20 year olds on Dec31, so technically Bourgault is going into his 20 year old season this year and can play in the A.
Do we burn a year off his contract in the AHL? or is it like Bouchard and it slides still?

I think it depends on what age we signed him at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad