GDT: YSC Game 1 | Oilers Rookies vs Jets Rookies | September 16 2022, 5:00PM | EdmontonOilers.com

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Do we burn a year off his contract in the AHL? or is it like Bouchard and it slides still?

I think it depends on what age we signed him at.
I think they were too late signing him for that.

Pretty sure you need to sign them before Sept15 after the draft, so they are signing at 18 years old which let's the deal slide twice to do that. They signed him in March, so it'd technically be his 19 year old season and will only slide once.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I saw bits and Bourgault and Holloway looked good. I thought Kielb looked good too. Not many comments on him but scored a goal and a few other very good rushes. Bourgault you notice always and he created the stripped puck on the winning goal late in game.

Are you contractually obligated to talk about Pulju in every thread? This is the prospects tournament thread. Here you are throwing shade on Pulju in several posts in this thread, which has nothing at all to do with Pulju. . Maybe give it a rest.
Please show me which other posts 😂

Because hes a young player trying to find consistency?

What happened to Yamamoto during the first 30 games of the season when Puljujarvi was lighting it up? and yamamoto was going 10+ games without even getting a shot on goal.
Fair enough

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Watched the game just my observations

Holloway best player on the ice. Speed, passing, and forchecking ability unreal. This kid is a stud could have had 4+ points.

Broberg Low event mature game focusing on his own end first. I wanted to see if the weight gain affected his mobility and it did not. Looks ready for main camp.

Bourgault was so silky smooth. Skating definitely improved. He will be in the nhl in the next year or 2.

Max wanner(?) Solid defenseman good skating right shot with decent puck skills and physical. Very event free and his skating was decent. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

Michael kesselring what a game big fast skating defenseman. I was very impressed he was all over the ice. His skating and size were unreal looked like a man amongst boys.

Just a couple of my observations my friends
pretty bang on from what I saw. Concur I liked the skating of Kesselring. Somebody earlier said his skating looked slow. His skating looked great including his ability to move in any direction while evading pressure, with puck. Skating skill for lack of better words.

Bourgault is dead sexy. Skates around the ice like a sportscar.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
pretty bang on from what I saw. Concur I liked the skating of Kesselring. Somebody earlier said his skating looked slow. His skating looked great including his ability to move in any direction while evading pressure, with puck. Skating skill for lack of better words.

This was me. I saw him skating the puck into the offensive zone and he looked like Jason Allison. No clue what other people are seeing here. Him and Hamblin are the two oldest players here and he did not impress me in any way shape or form. Not sure what I'm missing, but this guy will never play in the NHL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This was me. I saw him skating the puck into the offensive zone and he looked like Jason Allison. No clue what other people are seeing here. Him and Hamblin are the two oldest players here and he did not impress me in any way shape or form. Not sure what I'm missing, but this guy will never play in the NHL.
To me I respect the poise with the puck and the ability to skate with it. It may not look fast to you but the skating is smooth and the puck control pretty impeccable. Really to me watching the game the top puck control guys were Bourgault and Kesselring. That said I didn't watch the whole game and could've missed some other noteworthy plays.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

If Duul says he wasn't impressed and will never play in the NHL, I can guarantee he will play 20 games this year minimum

A Duul stamp of dissaproval is the greatest compliment a player can get

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Watched the game just my observations

Holloway best player on the ice. Speed, passing, and forchecking ability unreal. This kid is a stud could have had 4+ points.

Broberg Low event mature game focusing on his own end first. I wanted to see if the weight gain affected his mobility and it did not. Looks ready for main camp.

Bourgault was so silky smooth. Skating definitely improved. He will be in the nhl in the next year or 2.

Max wanner(?) Solid defenseman good skating right shot with decent puck skills and physical. Very event free and his skating was decent. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

Michael kesselring what a game big fast skating defenseman. I was very impressed he was all over the ice. His skating and size were unreal looked like a man amongst boys.

Just a couple of my observations my friends
I didn’t get to watch, was driving from Sask to Edmonton at that time and I have scoured the entire thread.

Anyone know, how did Reid Schaefer (sp?) look? Curious how he performed against guys who have AHL experience.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The minute XB steps on oilers ice, he is the teams best RW..
Based on what? As if Yamamoto or even Puljujarvi would not have dominated this rookies game.

XB looks great but no need to get carried away. See Magnus Svensson Paajarvi.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
I didn’t get to watch, was driving from Sask to Edmonton at that time and I have scoured the entire thread.

Anyone know, how did Reid Schaefer (sp?) look? Curious how he performed against guys who have AHL experience.
Honestly not great. Foot speed is an area of weakness and wasn't engaged physically as obviously thought he would be.

His skating is great for someone his size. Also how he walked the line a couple time while protecting the puck was great.

Bourgault has been a beauty just keeps rising above expectations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad