NESN YouTubeTV Drops NESN

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
So Eyestream has been good, but tonight right before puck drop in OT NESN cut out and I am afraid, that is the end of it for me. Not sure if they figured out I should be blacked out or what and I probably won't know until next game.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So Eyestream has been good, but tonight right before puck drop in OT NESN cut out and I am afraid, that is the end of it for me. Not sure if they figured out I should be blacked out or what and I probably won't know until next game.
The Nesn feed sounded like Jack was talking on the AM Radio so I just watched the NHL Center Ice feed instead which was the NESN feed and crystal clear, weird

Reactions: HustleB

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Had enough, went back to Xfinity, got a 2 year deal that is less than internet only plus YT, Fubo. Fubo and Eyestream had audio synch issues constantly. Eyestream had pixilation, as did the NESN app on Roku.
$170 for 600Mps internet(new alexa style modem), 205 channels and a phone for 24 months(and then the battle will begin again)
Yes it's lot of money but it cheaper than when I quit last summer, by $25.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone else having issues with NESN not coming in on Eyestream? I have audio but staring at a black screen

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Had enough, went back to Xfinity, got a 2 year deal that is less than internet only plus YT, Fubo. Fubo and Eyestream had audio synch issues constantly. Eyestream had pixilation, as did the NESN app on Roku.
$170 for 600Mps internet(new alexa style modem), 205 channels and a phone for 24 months(and then the battle will begin again)
Yes it's lot of money but it cheaper than when I quit last summer, by $25.
I was debating this last night. Monetarily they’ve closed the gap and I am not sure if cutting the cord still makes sense.

I held off last night for two reasons. First I get 1200 Mbps and the top deal with cable comes with 800 Mbps. Also my wife hates the cords and I do too at this point.

XFinity offers streaming access but it only is available if you pay for cable. I’m wondering if the stream is good enough to pay for cable but not set up any boxes, just continue to stream on Roku.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I don't have a need to for more than 600Mbps. I was doing fine with 200. The Xfinity Stream app on Roku works great, as does on my iPad for late night in bed viewing(w/headphones)
I tried very hard to cut the cord, but Xfinity is the best internet provider in NH, in spite of the high price and crappy CS. Ultimately, I work hard and and can afford it, as long as it's not at $200/month.
Ethically cannot justify that.

Reactions: HustleB

Gary7704

Aug 20, 2020
NESN was removed from my Fubo this morning. Can anyone confirm if it’s still on yours?

Never mind, I just found at that if you live in certain areas of the Country FUBO is tacking on a $5.00/month additional charge for NESN.

Thanks,

Gary

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I don't have a need to for more than 600Mbps. I was doing fine with 200. The Xfinity Stream app on Roku works great, as does on my iPad for late night in bed viewing(w/headphones)
I tried very hard to cut the cord, but Xfinity is the best internet provider in NH, in spite of the high price and crappy CS. Ultimately, I work hard and and can afford it, as long as it's not at $200/month.
Ethically cannot justify that.
Do you think it makes any sense for me to go back to XFinity and only use the stream? My wife doesn't want the cords and boxes back in the house and I agree with her.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Next season im going with NHL.tv through ESPN+ and a VPN to get Bruins games. I've used Fubo.TV and while i like the sports channels the quality hasnt been great, channels are 720p for the most part and audio synch issues. Local sports are the biggest issue with cutting the cord.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Next season im going with NHL.tv through ESPN+ and a VPN to get Bruins games. I've used Fubo.TV and while i like the sports channels the quality hasnt been great, channels are 720p for the most part and audio synch issues. Local sports are the biggest issue with cutting the cord.
I am not certain the VPN trick is as simple as people make it seem. I have tested streams with VPN on, and the games still got blacked out. I was successful getting Skype business on VPN once on an international trip, and made a plan to do that each night with my fie and kids. For the next 10 days it never worked again.

I am no hacker extraordinaire, but it's not as simple as login to vpn and do whatever I want.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This is not a NESN issue - it is the nature of regional sports networks.

Right now Xfinity is charging $10.75 a month for Regional Sports on top of the bundle price you agreed to.

That $10.75 fee seems to be the same in every Xfinity market as friends in Detroit ( 1 RSN) and Chicago (2 RSN ) are paying the same fee. A non-sports fan can't call and say I don't watch sports.

View attachment 391641
I just switched to XFinity to overcome my YouTueTV/EyeStream issues from last year.

In summary;
  • For a single guy switch to EyeStream it's got tons of stuff, it's cheaper and the glitchiness is worth it,
  • for most parents stick to Cable your spouse and kids might not appreciate the 25$ bucks as much as you and since NHL Center Ice and the other amazing options for the most part don't interest them, it's just a loss for the family. I ended up keeping YouTubeTV and adding EyeStream, ie I was in the red on my savings calculator.
Anyhow I'm on XFinity now. I only intend to stream. Anyone in the Boson Area doing this now? Is it reliable? Anything you had to overcome? I can't see NESN today, but they tell me tomorrow when my order finalizes I will.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad