You're KH: Who do you buyout?

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I don't buy anyone out if I'm Holland. Because I'm not a poster on a website. I'm a professional who has the reputation of the best team in hockey to protect.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Sammy because he has a ntc. Hold on to second buyout for end of next year if I remember correctly on new cba. Trade quincy at draft for picks. Don't resign CLEARY. Ltir bertuzzi's last year. Release fil. Pray that helm is healthy for next year. Waive eaves to ahl.

Sign a 2 year stop gap that isn't $4 million like quincy (hopefully ouelette is ready in 2). Sign clarkson or horton to replace fil. You know have room for the entirety of the Grand Rapids griffin 1st line next year.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Holland won't buy anybody out. He respects his current contracts.

Eaves is the only one I could consider, but he is not really a problem. You can waive him, if needed and it makes only 300k cap penalty if you do so.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
I'd buy Samuelsson out. Obviously, the signing of him was a mistake and the team medical staff have been very creative in coming up with different injuries in order to keep him out of the lineup. The latest one is my personal favorite, "sore pectoral muscle". Too many pushups? :handclap:

Bertuzzi needs to retire. I would keep Coliacovo for depth. Having him injured also doesn't effect the roster.

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.200m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Damien Brunner ($1.750m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.250m) / Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)/
Danny Cleary ($1.500m)
IR:Darren Helm ($2.125m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($1.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
IR: Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.300m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,136,212; BONUSES: $1,170,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $7,333,788

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
I think Holland won't buy anybody out. He respects his current contracts.

I agree, but Kenny did have that one shining moment when he bought out McCarty, Whitney and Hatcher, so he's definitely capable of pulling the trigger.

I think Bert is a LTIR/retire next season, no need to buy him out. Sammy would seem to be the logical one, but I'll bet both Kenny and Babs are saying "well, we really haven't seen what he can do, let's keep him". Probably the same attitude with Cola.

If it was me, I'd buy out Mr X Factor. I cannot stomach someone who phones it in most nights.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I agree, but Kenny did have that one shining moment when he bought out McCarty, Whitney and Hatcher, so he's definitely capable of pulling the trigger.

Different times. Our payroll is not forced to drop by 30 million for next season. :)

We are already under the next season cap, so if there's not a problem, you don't have to fix it. Bertuzzis, Sammys and Eaveses are out from the lineup one year after without burning any money.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
Would it be possible to buyout all of the above? Samuelsson has played all of 2 games this year. Franzen has a big contract and really has done nothing. Quincey is terrible, Colaiacovo is an average player that can't stay healthy. So glad Holland brought in so much garbage that needs to be dumped.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
if he dosent buy out someone he is an even bigger idiot then most already think

this 2 free buyout clause is an easy get out of jail free card, a reward from the last lock-out and drop in overall cap number. use it as a tool to make your team better, to fix a mistake.

call it whatever you want, its a tool just like the draft is to better your team

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldnt buy anyone out, unless it was Franzen or unless there was a trade/UFA on the table that required me to.

Why would you use your two amnesty buyouts on people with one year left on their contracts (unless you have to)? Thats just dumb, to me.

The amnesty buyouts are supposed to be used on terrible, untradeable, long term contracts (Gomez, Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Luongo type deals).

Not Bertuzzi with one year left and Samuelsson with one year left. Seriously, thats just stupid. Especially when Bertuzzi will probably never put on the jersey due to injury so he is a buyout already (LTIR).

These amnesty buyouts are good for two years. This offseason and the 2014 offseason. A few teams are going to have to rid themselves of bad contracts, there will be a few pieces out there that can help and the Wings will have the capspace and flexibility to sign them.

I patiently wait out this season if I am Holland, hold onto my buyouts and see what the market bears.

Thats my professional side talking...my personal side however still has Franzen's contract in a glass case on my wall with a small hammer labeled 2013.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I wouldnt buy anyone out, unless it was Franzen or unless there was a trade/UFA on the table that required me to.

Why would you use your two amnesty buyouts on people with one year left on their contracts (unless you have to)? Thats just dumb, to me.

The amnesty buyouts are supposed to be used on terrible, untradeable, long term contracts (Gomez, Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Luongo type deals).

Not Bertuzzi with one year left and Samuelsson with one year left. Seriously, thats just stupid. Especially when Bertuzzi will probably never put on the jersey due to injury so he is a buyout already (LTIR).

These amnesty buyouts are good for two years. This offseason and the 2014 offseason. A few teams are going to have to rid themselves of bad contracts, there will be a few pieces out there that can help and the Wings will have the capspace and flexibility to sign them.

I patiently wait out this season if I am Holland, hold onto my buyouts and see what the market bears.

Thats my professional side talking...my personal side however still has Franzen's contract in a glass case on my wall with a small hammer labeled 2013.

I thought the buyout periods were either before this season or over this summer? Not next summer.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I thought the buyout periods were either before this season or over this summer? Not next summer.

There's next summer too.

But they have to be used on a player on the roster (with current contract, so like Howard wouldn't be eligible when the lockout ended.

Buyout Sammy this summer and Franzen in 2014.

There's you're two. No reason keeping Sammy around it's not like you can save his buyout for Zetterberg when he's like 37.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00