Post-Game Talk: You're an embarrassment to the force BOBROVSKY

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Caught bits and pieces, might try to re-watch later today. I thought Lashoff's lack of puck skills was abused, as normal. The guy just can't reliably get and move the puck out of the zone.

I thought Cleary looked alright. Nothing special, but not bad. If he played like this every night, he'd earn his contract, which is something I didn't think I would be able to say coming into this season.

Great to see a few guys pop in some goals and maybe gain some confidence. If we can get Jurco and Sheahan going, it'll be a big boost.

Did Buffalo beat Sharks twice this week?

Buffalo has a freakishly good record against SJ in Buffalo.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Zone entry has been a bit of a continuous issue for the team recently. The two players you listed are pretty consistently good at it. Filppula used to be very good at it, one of the things he helped with.

I am so over the stupid drop pass in the neutral zone... I wish they would just cut that **** out altogether.

The drop pass works, I just don't think some of the players know exactly how it works.

You're supposed to hold on to the puck as long as you can and push the defenders back to the blue line. Kindl and Dekesyer and some other carriers only hold on to it until the slightest bit of pressure and drop it back at it our blue line. That doesn't work. And they drop it way too far away from an opposing player. Back when it used to be guaranteed entries for us, it was a lot tighter. The defenseman would hold on to it until the very last possible second, back all the other players off and there'd be a line of them across their own blue line and one or two deeper inside their zone. They're mostly standing still at that point so if you have a guy coming with speed he's just going to blow right by them.

By dropping it off too early, you allow the defenders to keep some backwards momentum and to stay with the drop pass receiver. Defeats the whole purpose.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Was that the same team that just played Habs?

Are we just a better team with Cleary in the lineup instead of Datsyuk? :sarcasm:

Maybe Cleary is the TRUE LEADER who kicks the willingness to fight and win out of every other player... ;)

Datsyuk on the roster... kids just want to have a 1st row seat to watch his magic...

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
This team has got to be the most inconsistent team in the league, really frustrating.

I bet they'll play with no legs and lose in embarassing fashion the next game.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
This team has got to be the most inconsistent team in the league, really frustrating.

I bet they'll play with no legs and lose in embarassing fashion the next game.

Well it wouldn't be like you to predict a win, now would it?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 11m11 minutes ago
Datsyuk not at practice, still bothered by groin. Ericsson and Smith also missing.

God, I hope Smith didn't injure himself in that fight like he did last year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 2m2 minutes ago
Brendan Smith has had infection from fight last night. Won't make trip to Winnipeg. Could meet team in Toronto. #RedWings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad