Post-Game Talk: You're an embarrassment to the force BOBROVSKY

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 2m2 minutes ago
Brendan Smith has had infection from fight last night. Won't make trip to Winnipeg. Could meet team in Toronto. #RedWings

So he cut his hand or something in the fight and already has an infection in said cut? Or did he catch a cold from the punches he took?

Last edited:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I thought Smith's fight last night was a bad choice. No need for it. I don't think that's going to impress Babcock much either

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So he cut his hand or something in the fight and already has an infection in said cut? Or did he catch a cold from the punches he took?

What the hell? An infection from the fight? Does Foligno bathe in pig **** or something? How is that even possible?

Great, now instead of Smith/Kindl, it's Kindl/Lashoff. Our D just took a pretty big hit. Mrazek's first start gonna be a doozy with that defense in front of him.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

What the hell? An infection from the fight? Does Foligno bathe in pig **** or something? How is that even possible?

Great, now instead of Smith/Kindl, it's Kindl/Lashoff. Our D just took a pretty big hit. Mrazek's first start gonna be a doozy with that defense in front of him.

He probably got cut and it got filled with sweat and junk.

Actual Thought*

I thought Smith's fight last night was a bad choice. No need for it. I don't think that's going to impress Babcock much either
He was trying to make up for destroying an entire power play all by himself. He was the other team's best penalty killer. I really wonder sometimes if this guy has the brains to be an NHL player.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
He was trying to make up for destroying an entire power play all by himself. He was the other team's best penalty killer. I really wonder sometimes if this guy has the brains to be an NHL player.

That's an odd thing to wonder. He already is an NHL player...

That's Smith's second injury from a fight in two seasons. I think he should stop fighting.

Actual Thought*

That's Smith's second injury from a fight in two seasons. I think he should stop fighting.

I really wanna like the guy but he just brain cramps. He definitely hurt the PP with his poor decision making. He seems to need to play like "Lashoff" simple in order to not screw up.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
How bad does an infected hand have to be to keep you out of a hockey game? Can't he just rub some vodka on it and stop being a *****?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I really wanna like the guy but he just brain cramps. He definitely hurt the PP with his poor decision making. He seems to need to play like "Lashoff" simple in order to not screw up.

I don't think Lashoff could have made either of the two assists that Smith made last night, especially the second one. He doesn't really screw up that much anymore. Occasionally, but not like last season. Not too worried about him screwing up a PP with 10 minutes left in a 5-0 game. He was probably trying to do too much so Babcock would actually give him a legitimate chance on the power play.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

He has the brains to be a forward but not a defenseman

Actual Thought*

I don't think Lashoff could have made either of the two assists that Smith made last night, especially the second one. He doesn't really screw up that much anymore. Occasionally, but not like last season. Not too worried about him screwing up a PP with 10 minutes left in a 5-0 game. He was probably trying to do too much so Babcock would actually give him a legitimate chance on the power play.

I agree he has been better but I think he proved that he is definitely not the answer to our pp woes. :shakehead

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
How bad does an infected hand have to be to keep you out of a hockey game? Can't he just rub some vodka on it and stop being a *****?

I think Smith would be the first one to play through it personally. They showed his hand in the box last night and it was cut pretty good. Hockey gloves are pretty nasty and he played the rest of the game, I'm sure hes back against Toronto and theyre just playing it safe.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I like Smith, I've liked him since the night we drafted him. And he can fill a very necessary role here. However if there's a deal to be had out there to get us a right handed offensive d-man that would cost us Smith I would have no problem making that deal.

Smith has a very appealing set of tools and I am confident those tools would make him a very attractive trading piece. I'm just not sure he's ever going to fully live up to his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad