Shea Theodore
Samuel Morin
Nick Paul
Brayden Point
Lawson Crouse
Frederk Gauthier

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
I haven't watch enough games close enough to make a fair ranking list yet however a few standouts that I would probably put on a top 10 list would include

Dylan Larkin (he should be on everyone's top ten list, no question)
Roope Hintz
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Sam Reinhart
Nikolaj Ehlers

Honorable Mention:
Honka
Puljujarvi

I forgot about Reinhart. The only thing about him is he is a year older (and barely made the age cut-off).

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Gauthier, Crouse, Ritchie, Wood, Motte, Hicketts, hayden, compher, Kapanen, morin are my top 10

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
If there is two swedish players on a list it has to be Nylander and Aho or else you haven't been watching. And IMHO Buchnevich should be at least top 3.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Interesting to see McDavid isn't in anyones lists

Don't think anyone expected that much out of McDavid considering that he's coming off an injury.

Sitting at a PPG right now, i'd say he's been average, not impressive but not disappointing either.

If a fully healthy McDavid was putting up this kind of performance, I think you'd hear a lot more criticism.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Don't think anyone expected that much out of McDavid considering that he's coming off an injury.

Sitting at a PPG right now, i'd say he's been average, not impressive but not disappointing either.

If a fully healthy McDavid was putting up this kind of performance, I think you'd hear a lot more criticism.

Well... McDavid and Eichel went #1 and #2 in every pool I have seen on these boards and in every thread prior to the tournament there was significant hype about them going to destroy this tournament. So I'd say there were quite many who expected big things from them. Safe to say they aren't delivering to lots of peoples expectations.

They are 17 though so It's good enough. But not the greatest 17 year old tournaments for over 10 years that I read in another thread ;)

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
As I said earlier, I can't believe people have other Swedish players than Aho on their lists. Nylander I can understand, but I think he is being viewed with a bit of homerism also. Aho has by far been Sweden's best and most consistent player, while Nylander has been more flashy. In my mind though, both Aho and Nylander are top 10 this tournament.

1.Domi
2.Reinhart
3.Bjorkstrand
4.Nylander
5.Ehlers
6.Larkin
7.Aho(SWE)
8.Sorensen
9.Petan
10.Buchnevich

I like the names on this list, could change the order a bit, but good overall. Have really only followed Sweden's group, so can't say too much about the Canadians. I just take your word for it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You guys are getting Nic Petan wrong. He's been one of the best players in the tournament, he's just not been as flashy as Nylander or Domi or Ehlers while doing. Petan is the type of player that seems quiet but is strong in every facet of the game and who can produce points as well as anyone else.

I agree. Petan controls the game with great hockey sense and skills, but is highly focused on providing opportunities for his teammates and being defensively responsible. Even though his role has been less focused on offense, he's been highly productive and really makes the TC powerplay tick.

Too2train

Nov 28, 2011
Reinhart
Nylander
Domi
Larkin
Bjorkstrand
Pastrnak
Petan
Buchnevich
Reway
Nurse

HM: Ehlers, Aho, DLR, Sorenson

bobbyt911

Max Domi
Sam Reinhart
Anthony Duclair
Nick Ritchie
Connor McDavid
Curtis Lazar
Nic Petan
Robby Fabbri
Darnell Nurse
Josh Morrissey

HM:
Madison Bowey
Samuel Morin
Joe Hicketts
Dylan Heatherington
Jake Virtanen
Eric Comrie
Zachary Fucale
Shea Theodore
Samuel Morin
Nick Paul
Brayden Point
Lawson Crouse
Frederk Gauthier
what this makes no sense?

As I said earlier, I can't believe people have other Swedish players than Aho on their lists. Nylander I can understand, but I think he is being viewed with a bit of homerism also. Aho has by far been Sweden's best and most consistent player, while Nylander has been more flashy. In my mind though, both Aho and Nylander are top 10 this tournament.

I like the names on this list, could change the order a bit, but good overall. Have really only followed Sweden's group, so can't say too much about the Canadians. I just take your word for it.

1 thing I want to say about Nylander is he looks uninterested at times, kinda like this tourney is below him. Then he decides OK its time to try now and he either scores or sets up a goal. So yea havent seen an other player generate points at sheer will like Nylander. Just wait till his team is either down a goal or tied late and I expect Nylander to go beast mode and single handedly win games

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Yeah I don't really understand people leaving Reinhart out of the top 3..

Not trying to be a homer, but he's clearly been the player of the tournament with Domi, and then Larkin opposing them.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
what this makes no sense?

1 thing I want to say about Nylander is he looks uninterested at times, kinda like this tourney is below him. Then he decides OK its time to try now and he either scores or sets up a goal. So yea havent seen an other player generate points at sheer will like Nylander. Just wait till his team is either down a goal or tied late and I expect Nylander to go beast mode and single handedly win games

You Leaf fans will come up with whatever excuse fits your narrative

That is literally the worst mindset a player could have

bobbyt911

You Leaf fans will come up with whatever excuse fits your narrative

That is literally the worst mindset a player could have

the whole point is the kid can change the game at will, Reinhart can't. Nylander would skate circles around Reinhart.
Also Nylander has been playing wing and I am sure you know that wingers have little to no defensive responsibility, however when he is put at C on the PP he has to be way up around 75%+ on draws and is prob their best center.

I have watched every ****ing game and Reinhart really only stood out last game, Nylander has has been the most noticeable player in every game he has been in, you just hate the fact that the Leafs may have a better player than your team

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
the whole point is the kid can change the game at will, Reinhart can't. Nylander would skate circles around Reinhart.
Also Nylander has been playing wing and I am sure you know that wingers have little to no defensive responsibility, however when he is put at C on the PP he has to be way up around 75%+ on draws and is prob their best center.

I have watched every ****ing game and Reinhart really only stood out last game, Nylander has has been the most noticeable player in every game he has been in, you just hate the fact that the Leafs may have a better player than your team

Reinhart plays a very cerebral game and he's a lot less flashy than Nylander.

Nylander might be more noticeable, but Reinhart has made a much bigger impact, on both sides of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad