WJC: Your Top 10 WJC Players so Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
No need to toss excuses around regarding linemates and coaching of Nylander, the kid has had a great tournament and has been among the standouts. How he ranks among everyone is subjective and doesn't really matter

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Maybe he should be, but Aho has been even better.

Before today I would have agreed, but when the tournament was on the line Aho melted and Nylander stepped up. He looked really dangerous. However he still has a few bad habits that needs to be taken care of, like trying to stickhandle through 3 players instead of making an easy pass. His zone entries are looking pretty god damn good though.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Before today I would have agreed, but when the tournament was on the line Aho melted and Nylander stepped up. He looked really dangerous. However he still has a few bad habits that needs to be taken care of, like trying to stickhandle through 3 players instead of making an easy pass. His zone entries are looking pretty god damn good though.

Aho's second period today was pretty brutal. Was benched in the third for the more physical Englund who played great for once. He still had a good first period though, and I have high hopes he can bounce back in the next game.

Nylander is great with the puck on his stick. He is able to draw a lot of defenders, leaving his teammates open for a great shot, and he always seems to find them with his passes. Very similar effect on the offence to what (Peter) Forsberg had, although their play styles are very different.

AwaKe

Jul 22, 2006
I wasn't really impressed by Eichel in today's game. Showed no leadership, played a really individual game, no creativity, didn't really used his teammates, gave the puck away on a few key moments. Maybe it was just a bad day but after today I wonder if there might be some thoughts on Hanifin going 2nd.

How good is he? It's hard to compare players from different draft class but Hanifin has impressive skating abilities and still has room to fill his frame. Reminded me of Drew Doughty's performance at the U20 as an underage a couple years ago.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Fun seeing how infuriated people get when a leaf prospect is playing better than anyone else. Drives them nuts.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I wasn't really impressed by Eichel in today's game. Showed no leadership, played a really individual game, no creativity, didn't really used his teammates, gave the puck away on a few key moments. Maybe it was just a bad day but after today I wonder if there might be some thoughts on Hanifin going 2nd.

How good is he? It's hard to compare players from different draft class but Hanifin has impressive skating abilities and still has room to fill his frame. Reminded me of Drew Doughty's performance at the U20 as an underage a couple years ago.

I took it completely opposite, looking at USA's tourny as a whole, Eichel was a top player while I expected way more from Hanifin.

Dont see why I would take Hanifin over Strome or Marner?

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I took it completely opposite, looking at USA's tourny as a whole, Eichel was a top player while I expected way more from Hanifin.

Dont see why I would take Hanifin over Strome or Marner?

Way more from Hanifin in what way? Offensive points? A lot of other teams attacks died on Hanifin stick. A lot of great skating pushing the pace. He had a strong tournament in my opinion. Especially from a defensive standpoint.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Fun seeing how infuriated people get when a leaf prospect is playing better than anyone else. Drives them nuts.

No i think most people get annoyed by posts like this actually.. Better than anyone else? Hes up there with most guys in the tourney but he hasnt stood out above Domi, Reinhart or Larkin.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I'm as big of a leafs homer as the next guy, and have only watched 2 Sweden games, but Reinheart has been better than Nylander in the games I saw. Though Nylander was still very impressive out there

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Where is this so called player?
I think people get infuriated when others make outlandish/untrue/false statements.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
If Nylander's line mates could finish he would be leading the tournament in points. I've lost count on how many times he's set up guys and they either shoot it right at the goalie, or miss or **** up somehow. Nylander should be top 5. He's dangerous almost every time he's on the ice.

Funny someone should do a review of all of Nylanders assists. Seems to me all those Forsling and Lindbolm goals in which he makes a 3ft pass on nice shots that count as points have been adding up nicely> Leaf fans act as if they are Gretzky like passes leading to all these goals (just tap ins) when the truth is almost all of these goals have come from nice shots with good screens in front of the net. Its sad because its taken away from how well others have been playing on Sweden. Kid is their most dangerous player no doubt but he's received a lot more credit then others and its not right

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Would love to see a CAN vs SWE final. Nylander matched up against the Reinhart line.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Haha I'm pretty sure Reinhart, Demko, Aho, Domi and Eichel aren't leaf prospects. :laugh:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
In no order I care enough to defend... Only guys I've watched, best players I've seen

Reinhart

Domi
Bjorkstrand
Nylander
Ehlers

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Where is this so called player?
I think people get infuriated when others make outlandish/untrue/false statements.

How it is outlandish when he's leading the tournament in points? You could make a case for any of the prospect, but to say it's outlandish is not true.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Funny someone should do a review of all of Nylanders assists. Seems to me all those Forsling and Lindbolm goals in which he makes a 3ft pass on nice shots that count as points have been adding up nicely> Leaf fans act as if they are Gretzky like passes leading to all these goals (just tap ins) when the truth is almost all of these goals have come from nice shots with good screens in front of the net. Its sad because its taken away from how well others have been playing on Sweden. Kid is their most dangerous player no doubt but he's received a lot more credit then others and its not right

I've watched Nylander for all the games and I can tell you that his passing and vision is very good. There is a reason for his praise and that's because most opposition focus him more than any other Sweden player and most of the time he looks a threat on the ice. Of course, you can't get assist if the shooter can't finish, so credit goes to Lindbolm and Forsling.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Would love to see a CAN vs SWE final. Nylander matched up against the Reinhart line.

It won't be fair because Reinhart's line going to have the puck most of the time. They have three very good prospect vs one very good prospect, and two good/average prospect.

rsg87

Apr 1, 2011
It won't be fair because Reinhart's line going to have the puck most of the time. They have three very good prospect vs one very good prospect, and two good/average prospect.

I think you are discounting Reinhart's defensive ability. There is a reason they have the puck so often, it's because he and to some extent Domi as well are so defensively sound. I really think this line could shutdown Nylander.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I think you are discounting Reinhart's defensive ability. There is a reason they have the puck so often, it's because he and to some extent Domi as well are so defensively sound. I really think this line could shutdown Nylander.

I think you read my post wrong. What you said is exactly why I think it won't be a favorable match up for Nylander.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Like a poster already said. I'd love to see Nylander go up against Reinhart's line. I'd also love to see him go up against a guy like Nurse. Nylander put up points, but I definitely expected a lot more from him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad