3. Brandon Gormley
4. Ryan Murray
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. Oscar Klefbom
7. Olli Maatta
8. Derek Forbort
9. Jonas Brodin
10. Adam Clendening

Isn't Brodin widely considered the best D on Sweden yet you have two of his team mates ahead of him?

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
1. Doug Hamilton
2. John Klingsberg
3. Brandon Gormley
4. Ryan Murray
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. Oscar Klefbom
7. Olli Maatta
8. Derek Forbort
9. Jonas Brodin
10. Adam Clendening

Rasmus Ristolainen is the top finnish defender for the tournament. Brodin is too low. Rating Oscar Klefbom over Brodin is insane.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Rasmus Ristolainen is the top finnish defender for the tournament. Brodin is too low. Rating Oscar Klefbom over Brodin is insane.

Maatta is definitely better than Ristolainen, Ristolainen is also underager.

Maybe Ristolainen has more offensive talent but he is nothing like Maatta in own zone.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
My top 10

1-Tinordi
2-Gormley
3-Hamilton
4-Brodin
5-Merill
6-Murray
7-Musil
8-Klefbom
9-Forbort
10-Beaulieu

HM: Maatta Nesterov Janosik

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
Just from the top of my head:
Hamilton
Gormley
Murray
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Merrill
Brodin
Klefbom
Trouba
Maata

Those are the only high end D's I know well enough to rank. Haven't seen enough of most of them to make a more precise rank, so please forgive me.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hamilton
Brodin
Merrill
Gormley
Forbort
Klefbom
Murray
Tinordi
Maatta
Clendening

Difficult to rank.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
1. Hamilton(CAN)
2. Merrill(USA)
3. Brodin(SWE)
4. Murray(CAN)
5. Klefbom(SWE)
6. Gormley(CAN)
7. Klingberg(SWE)
8. Marincin(SVK)
9. Forbert(USA)
10. Janosik(SVK)

HM: Clendering(USA), Gernat(SVK), Maatta(FIN), Ristolainen(FIN), Tinordi(USA), Beaulieu(CAN)

BLBarmada

Gormley's the best D in the tourni,

Here's my list:
Gormley
Brodin
Hamilton
Murray
Klefbom
Merril
Tinordi
Pysyk

I think that's 10.

Latex*

Maatta is definitely better than Ristolainen, Ristolainen is also underager.

Maybe Ristolainen has more offensive talent but he is nothing like Maatta in own zone.

Did you watch the game against Canada?

Latex*

1. Hamilton(CAN)
2. Merrill(USA)
3. Brodin(SWE)
4. Murray(CAN)
5. Klefbom(SWE)
6. Gormley(CAN)
7. Klingberg(SWE)
8. Marincin(SVK)
9. Forbert(USA)
10. Janosik(SVK)

HM: Clendering(USA), Gernat(SVK), Maatta(FIN), Ristolainen(FIN), Tinordi(USA), Beaulieu(CAN)

Ok, so now; What the **** is Klingberg doing up there, with Ristolainen and Määttä in the honorable mentions?

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
lol a Tinordi on all of those list. Beaulieu is way better than him. Tinordi doesn't deserve to be in the top-10 at all.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
lol a Tinordi on all of those list. Beaulieu is way better than him. Tinordi doesn't deserve to be in the top-10 at all.

Incredibly true, Scott Harrington is the Knights' best defenseman, yet Tinordi and Maatta are popping up on multiple lists and I doubt Harrington is getting any consideration. If I'm being honest none of the Knights should be on any of these lists, Maatta probably the next couple years.

Tinordi is the steadiest D in the tournament. Both deserve to be in the top-10.

Gormley
Hamilton
Brodin
Merrill
Tinordi
Klefbom
Beaulieu
Musil
Forbort
Murray

That comes to a huge shock to anybody that even follows the OHL casually.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ok, so now; What the **** is Klingberg doing up there, with Ristolainen and Määttä in the honorable mentions?

I'm not saying Klingberg should be on a top10 overall list(probably not..), but you think 17 year olds Ristolainen and Määtää are likely to outperform 19 year old returnee Klingberg? It's possible, but I don't think so. FEL is one thing(insert youtube on turnover here), but Klingberg has been steady on the National team.

People watch a bit too much on potential and draft position. Same applies for Klefbom as far as the Swedes go. I expect Nemeth as a "veteran" to be more important despite being a less flashy player. Klefbom will return next year, and by then I think he has the chance to be a top guy. The returning factor shouldn't be overlooked. Brodin, Nemeth, Klingberg, Klefbom, Backman, Claesson, Granberg is how I rank the Swedish D's.

Latex*

I'm not saying Klingberg should be on a top10 overall list(probably not..), but you think 17 year olds Ristolainen and Määtää are likely to outperform 19 year old returnee Klingberg? It's possible, but I don't think so. FEL is one thing(insert youtube on turnover here), but Klingberg has been steady on the National team.

People watch a bit too much on potential and draft position. Same applies for Klefbom as far as the Swedes go. I expect Nemeth as a "veteran" to be more important despite being a less flashy player. Brodin, Nemeth, Klingberg, Klefbom, Backman, Claesson, Granberg is how I rank the Swedish D's.

Well, I must say that Ristolainen was extremely impressive against Canada. Both, defensively and offensively. Very, very steady play all around from opening passes to clearing the crease of players.

Klingberg I haven't seen aside from the HIFK-Jokerit games in SM-Liiga but there I have been extremely underwhelmed by his game. No defensive awareness at all.

Oh, and if you really want it :sarcasm:

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Klingberg has been soft in every Jokerit game I have seen this season, I was actually surprised he made it to Sweden's roster. It's safe to say that Ristolainen has outperformed him in SM-Liiga.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Finland has 2 top 15 defensemen in this tourney and bouth are 2 years underaged :D

Not sure if they are top 15, all Canadian defencemen are better than the best finn, and most of the american too. Defense is not the strong side of Finland this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad