Your Thoughts on Kopi's Extension

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Kopitar has scored over 30 goals twice in his entire career (once being in 07/08, an entirely different era of this team). To expect him to turn into a perennial 30 goal scorer now doesn't make much sense.

And it's ironic how often some of you defend Kings players with the classic "points aren't everything", and now when the argument suits you, it's reversed.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
How is Kopitar shooting more and creating rebounds and or scoring, tinkering? I don't really see a downside.

Also, is that pace sustainable?

If he's shooting more, likely someone else is shooting less. Also, it takes away from what he's doing now, which -especially lately- has been highly successful.

Also, please explain to me how a player simply creates more rebounds? Whether or not there is a rebound is also highly dependent on the goalie.

Is this pace sustainable? I see no reason it either is or isn't. Time will tell, but I see no cause for concern so great it means we should tinker with anything, whether you are talking about Kopi specifically or the team as a whole.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If he's shooting more, likely someone else is shooting less. Also, it takes away from what he's doing now, which -especially lately- has been highly successful.

Also, please explain to me how a player simply creates more rebounds? Whether or not there is a rebound is also highly dependent on the goalie.

Is this pace sustainable? I see no reason it either is or isn't. Time will tell, but I see no cause for concern so great it means we should tinker with anything, whether you are talking about Kopi specifically or the team as a whole.

i can't check right now but that would be easy-ish to check.

Simple corsi-for when he's on the ice is the team's whole shot attempts when he's out there.

I can't imagine that has gone down over time unless shot attempts against have either because he's literally the greatest CF% player in the league since at least 2012.

I often like to say 'grass is always greener' etc. but in this case it literally is not.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
another opinion, with some stats and a lot of praise. a bit simplified version of what jason lewis wrote 4 days ago at hockeybuzz but still worth a read.

Puck Daddy
What We Learned: NHL’s best player? It’s Anze Kopitar
Ryan Lambert By Ryan Lambert
18 January, 2016 9:47 AM
link: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...best-player--it-s-anze-kopitar-144742926.html

b96a99c0-bdf0-11e5-abf5-c5b3d657f491_fdsfdaadfssdf.png

e397b840-bdf0-11e5-812c-8f57e4108e3e_sfsdfsd.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad