Paul Coffey
Rob Blake
Larry Murphy
Steve Duchesne (1st stint)
Mark Hardy
Mattias Norstrom

Honorable mentions:
Alexei Zhitnik
Darryl Sydor (before he was run out of town)
Larry Robinson

Possible future candidates:
Drew Doughty
Jack Johnson

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Campbell played a total of 27 games (regular season and playoffs) for the Sharks, so I don't the any motivation for having him that high. I'd list the scoring leader on D for the Sharks ahead of all the others.

Ozolinsh
Hannan
Boyle
Wilson
Campbell
Ragnarsson

Either I don't know my Sharks history, or the fact that Campbell only played 27 games, regular season and playoffs, as you argued, should disqualify him from the top 6.

Anthony*

for the sharks id do:

boyle
blake
suter
wilson
iafrate
vlasic

ozo was always crap in his own end even with the sharks

and ragnarsson was basically hannan except not as good defensively

Anthony*

i thought we were going by their primes regardless of what team they were on :dunno:

Crosberry87

Oct 9, 2008
USA
Penguins:

1. Paul Coffey
2. Sergei Zubov
3. Sergei Gonchar
4. Larry Murphy
5. Ulf Sammuelson
6. Randy Carlyle
7. Ron Stackhouse

Last edited:

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
You watched a lot more Hawks games than I did back then Pappy, so ill take your word for it, but I always thought Stapleton was the best of those 3, with White close behind.
I can certainly see why you would pick Stapleton. Very skilled & the better offensive player of the 3. For some reason White usually gets rated ahead of Vasko & Stapleton. Not sure why. As far as awards go, Stapleton & White both had Three 2nd team AS selections while Vasko had two (Stapleton was an AS in the WHA as well). I just feel Vasko was under rated & played in Pilote's shadow. In watching some old games recently, I was kind of taken by how strong Vasko was in his own zone. He was a big player for the time & was very strong back there. He was also a great skater & was very good at lugging that puck up ice. Not great offensive stats but he could sure rush up ice with the puck.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Either I don't know my Sharks history, or the fact that Campbell only played 27 games, regular season and playoffs, as you argued, should disqualify him from the top 6.

I miscalculated that, it should be 33 games. Anyway, I liked what he brought to the team for those few games. Without him in the list, add Gary Suter in sixth place.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

Niedermayer
Pronger
Carney
O'Donnell
Salei
Tverdovsky

Hell. Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad