Speculation: Your team's needs at trade deadline

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Stars could use a legtimate top 4 defenseman who can play ~20 minutes if need be ( RHD or LHD doesn't matter since Heiskanen can plays both sides well ) . Oleksiak and Sekera have been decent filling the role of the #4/#5 but there's some room for improvement.

Anything else i think we're fine. Maybe a depth piece i right now can't think of. Also depends on how healthy the team is at that point

Mike Green for Oleksiak + low pick.

Green should fit well with Lindell.

Sekera - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Polak
Lindell - Green
(Fedun)

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Ottawa needs picks + prospects + young players that need a change of scenery.
We have a surplus of third liners mostly on expiring contracts: pageau, namestnikov, anisimov, tierney, Ennis. We also have back up calibre bargain bin Craig Anderson if anyone’s interested.

Pageau should fetch a second + B tier prospect, Namestnikov I could see going for a second rounder based on his play, Anisimov a 5th, tierny a 3rd + a 5th, Ennis a 6th. Andy should probably return a meh prospect.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Mike Green for Oleksiak + low pick.

Green should fit well with Lindell.

Sekera - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Polak
Lindell - Green
(Fedun)

Eeek @ those pairings . In general i'm not convinced Green is better than Oleksiak these days after all the injuries and at 34 . Oleksiak has been pretty good this year . I'm looking for something more significant of an upgrade.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ottawa needs prospects and picks
a top 4 RD prospect that could make the jump soon would be ideal as JBD and Thomson are a few years away

All of our upcoming UFA's should be available and Tierney is available

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Kings need picks and prospects

Available
Tyler Toffoli
Trevor Lewis
Jeff Carter
Jack Campbell
Alec Martinez
Ben Hutton
Joakim Ryan
Add Forbort and Clifford as available. I know some people dont want to trade him but if a team will overpay for Clifford time to cash in.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Add Forbort and Clifford as available. I know some people dont want to trade him but if a team will overpay for Clifford time to cash in.
Clifford needs to go and can always be brought back, so I agree but not sure the FO wants that.. Forbort has yet to play and has zero value..

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ottawa needs picks + prospects + young players that need a change of scenery.
We have a surplus of third liners mostly on expiring contracts: pageau, namestnikov, anisimov, tierney, Ennis. We also have back up calibre bargain bin Craig Anderson if anyone’s interested.

Pageau should fetch a second + B tier prospect, Namestnikov I could see going for a second rounder based on his play, Anisimov a 5th, tierny a 3rd + a 5th, Ennis a 6th. Andy should probably return a meh prospect.

Ottawa needs prospects and picks
a top 4 RD prospect that could make the jump soon would be ideal as JBD and Thomson are a few years away

All of our upcoming UFA's should be available and Tierney is available

Tierney please. Lots of prospects to choose from:

Laczynski, Hogberg, Allison, Bernhardt, Vorobyev, Twarynski, Aube-Kubel, etc...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
hogberg and a pick for Tierney could work
I would do that assuming it's a depth pick.

Hogberg has been playing mostly on a top pairing this year in the SHL. He is ready to come over and play. Flyers just have too many prospects that are within 1-2 years away. Thinning the herd for help now works.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hard to say for the Jackets since their roster is so depleted with injuries.

If most players are healthy and they're out of the playoffs at the TDL I think they look to move some depth guys like Riley Nash and Scott Harrington for picks.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
athanasou and green both 50% retained . we take back needed short term bad contracts . we get futures . not nucks dream trade but aa brings elite speed and possibly a long term future there . and greens on an expiring so might kick it up a notch in playoffs and bring some offense .

A more defensive LHD would be preferred to Green, but Athanasou isn't a bad pick up.

Short term, we have few "bad" contracts, in fact most are multiple years. Baertschi is probably the shortest term, but has the weakest value. Sutter has a few more too, but again is longer term. But either of those would negate some of the salary retention.

Futures can't include this year's first, being owned by the Lightning, and even with the generous terms offered, I'd like to keep Pod, Woo and Hoglander. Which might dampen enthusiasm for such a trade.

I thought Vancouver shoulda pushed hard for Hall.

Hall-Pettersson-Virtanen
Miller-Horvat-Boeser

Woulda been sick.

I was hoping foe that too. Some Devils fans were on board with Marky/Demko, Pod and contracts to even the salary out. Ah well, it was fun to dream.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Detroit needs goalie prospects, center prospects, defensive prospects, draft picks.

Not for sale(easier to list)

Larkin
Bertuzzi
Hronek
Zadina
Non roster prospects
Wouldn't you want Fabbri on that NFS list? You just got him, he's working out well and (as an RFA) there's still some team control.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues needs:
Middle 6 scoring Winger (UFA preferably)
Zach Sanford gone

Available:
Zach Sanford
Alex Steen
Carl Gunnersson
Jake Allen
Draft Picks (2and round or later)
Prospects (minus Kyrou)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo immediate needs:

- They could use a defensively responsible center who can play 2nd or 3rd line time.
- Physicality, speed, skill on RW
- A quality backup goalie

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:nashville

- new coach
- actually good depth defenseman
- honestly starting to think a goalie too
- picks/prospects

after writing that all out, this team is much closer to a rebuild then they are to winning a cup.

You are getting your wish there.

Hey, Edmonton could use Arvidsson.

Oilers still need a 3C and a top 6 winger.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Winnipeg still needs top 4 D but I think they ride out the disaster they have until end of season and take a look at the up and coming prospects for next year and hold on to their draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad