Speculation: Your team's needs at trade deadline

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Where are you getting a Top Pairing RHD Dman??
Where? Not sure yet, those sort of things don’t pop up every day.
How? By trading a combination of assets like other teams in the past have when acquiring generally disgruntled top players who either don’t fit their current teams timeline or cap algebra.
Kapanen Johnsson Dermott Sandin Liljegren 1st & 2nd round picks. Depending on what kind of D man you’re talking about we have the combination of pieces generally needed to make a splash.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I think a backup is still being looked at, yes Hutch has won 3 straight but 2 are against. NJ and Detroit only 1 is a quality win

Now if he can get a couple more quality wins over good teams maybe he solidifies his spot.

But not yet
I agree with you on this point, I don’t think it’s something they’re not looking at, it’s definitely the second largest glaring need on the roster aside from a guy who can play with Morgan and being out his best qualities.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks need a top 6 forward to play with Pearson and Horvat

I'd argue a scorer or playmaker, more skill then grit. Not a jack of all trades guy though, and not a tweeter "who could" play top six. RW preferred to LW.

Another top 4 quality dman if and when Edler and Tanev get injured (knock on wood).

A 4-5 LHD to take some heat off of Hughes or Edler would be handy.

A similar RHD would also be welcome if we move Stecher as well, as I feel he should be top 4 elsewhere and won't get the opportunity here.

Sutter, Eriksson, Ferland, Baertschi, Goldobin, Stecher, one of Markstrom or Demko, Leivo, picks (we are missing this year's first if we make rhe playoffs) and prospects (weighted on the return of course) could all be had. It would likely be a future heavy package(as Sutter, Stecher and a goalie would be the only interesting roster pieces). We would also want a replacement player for a goalie, Stecher or if any other key roster players are brought into play.

That's this Canucks fans view anyway.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I'd argue a scorer or playmaker, more skill then grit. Not a jack of all trades guy though, and not a tweeter "who could" play top six. RW preferred to LW.

A similar RHD would also be welcome if we move Stecher as well, as I feel he should be top 4 elsewhere and won't get the opportunity here.

Sutter, Eriksson, Ferland, Baertschi, Goldobin, Stecher, one of Markstrom or Demko, Leivo, picks (we are missing this year's first if we make rhe playoffs) and prospects (weighted on the return of course) could all be had. It would likely be a future heavy package(as Sutter, Stecher and a goalie would be the only interesting roster pieces). We would also want a replacement player for a goalie, Stecher or if any other key roster players are brought into play.

athanasou and green both 50% retained . we take back needed short term bad contracts . we get futures . not nucks dream trade but aa brings elite speed and possibly a long term future there . and greens on an expiring so might kick it up a notch in playoffs and bring some offense .

Reactions: Cogburn

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars could use a legtimate top 4 defenseman who can play ~20 minutes if need be ( RHD or LHD doesn't matter since Heiskanen can plays both sides well ) . Oleksiak and Sekera have been decent filling the role of the #4/#5 but there's some room for improvement.

Anything else i think we're fine. Maybe a depth piece i right now can't think of. Also depends on how healthy the team is at that point

Last edited:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Rangers need good forward prospects, draft picks and physical players.

Available: Andersson, Staal, Smith, Georgiev, Lundqvist, Kreider, McKegg, Howden, Skjei, Hajek, and possibly Buchnevich, Fast, and Strome.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Need for Flames:
Top 6 quality Right Winger with term is the only big one. Picks would be nice.

Available pieces:
Bennett
Hamonic
Brodie (Both guys would require a 3rd pairing d-man coming back to fill their hole in the roster)
Kylington
+ all of the depth guys on one year deals (Rieder, Rinaldo, Stone, Talbot) that no one would be willing to acquire for anything of value.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Although I really expect (and hope) we stand pat, the Blues could really use some extra scoring on the wings. Possibly available:
  • Zach Sanford
  • Jake Allen
  • Alex Steen
  • Carl Gunnarsson
  • Draft picks (I would prefer to keep our 1st, but I could see Armstrong trading it for the right piece.)
  • Any prospect not named Kyrou. (I'd like to hang on to Kostin and Mikkola too, but I have to be realistic here.)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
deadline 50 days away, what does your team need?

and who is available?

:bruins

needs:
-top 6 RW (right shot preferred)
-depth defenseman (preferably right shot/gritty PK guy if kevan miller doesn't come back)

wouldn't be terrible to add another winger beyond that top 6 RW, as depth for when
the younger guys struggle

available:
-danton heinen
-jakub zboril, peter cehlarik, several prospects/picks
-john moore
-contracts/bodies like david backes, brett ritchie, par lindholm, etc

Don't have Top6 RhW at Detroit, but

Athanasiou + Dylan McIlrath RhD, grit/physical, similar as Kevan Miller.
<>
1st + David Backes + Zboril

Reactions: neelynugs

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Habs have some depth now at LD but still need a two-way top-2, even top-2 LD. That said, I don't see that happening at the deadline if not further out.

Needs that could be met:
- a young top-9 winger with size.
- more 2020 1st and 2nd round picks and good prospects

Moveable pieces if a miracle doesn't happen and we're still out come trade deadline:
RD Petry
LW Tatar
C Thompson

Add a stop-gap top-4 RD as a need if Petry is moved, though that could be addressed on July 1.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

I thought Vancouver shoulda pushed hard for Hall.

Hall-Pettersson-Virtanen
Miller-Horvat-Boeser

Woulda been sick.

Reactions: Cogburn

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
:nashville

NEEDS: 1.New coach
2. Sell off UFAS
3. Picks/prospects
4. 3rd pairing defenseman
5. New coach

AVAILABLE:
Bonino
Smith
Granlund
Turris(W/retention)
Watson

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
wild.
needs.
youth centers scorers goalie. other words everything.

no one should be safe.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
For the Avs, I'd say a stable defensive partner for Makar. We don't need an all-star, but a guy that is defensively responsible and that can make a decent breakout pass so the Avs don't get hemmed in, someone that let's Makar have a bit more freedom.

The other need is a top-6 winger to play with Kadri (or MacKinnon). Ideally either a possession/playmaker or a faster guy that can forecheck and shoot.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
:nashville

- new coach
- actually good depth defenseman
- honestly starting to think a goalie too
- picks/prospects

after writing that all out, this team is much closer to a rebuild then they are to winning a cup.

Reactions: BigFatCat999

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad