Your teams biggest disappointments so far?

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
James Neal flubbed an opportunity to score one into an empty net vs the kings. Really wish he woulda scored so we could stick it to the flames fans.

Reactions: Yasuo and Seachd

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Probably Klingberg. Has not started the year well at all.

In general the big name players have not started the year well. Depth scoring has been really good and Hintz has been great but the guys who are paid the big bucks really have not been good yet.

Pretty spot on very early assessment of the Stars.
I think Klingberg and co will get things going though....too much talent on this team for that not to happen.
Past Stars teams have either been overly reliant on offense sacrificing defense big time, or overly defensive and forgetting they need to score to win games.
This team has a very good chance to be nicely balanced this season and maybe challenge Nashville or St. Louis for the top spot.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Vesey, Sobotka, and Risto

I don't think Sabres fans had that many expectations for these players to start with. Vesey has been the worst, Sobotka better than last season which means barely adequate, but Ristolainen has been fine so far despite having to play his typical big TOI with Montour out. That PK G/A with Montreal was some bad luck with the ref blocking his clearing option along the boards, and Suzuki making a good play to get his stick on Risto's.

Anyway, I would say Mittelstadt has been the most disappointing. He's got expectations, and supposedly worked hard on his conditioning in the summer, but has time and development to go. Not even sure he should be in Buffalo for now.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Not much for the Preds other than the bottom pairing still being a disaster.

The ??? - Johansen - Arvidsson line despite being PPG hasn't been super great at even strength and been bad defensively but I mean - they're also PPG. :laugh:

On the flip side, Forsberg - Duchene - Granlund has been a god damn force.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I guess that the Flyers have only played 2 games so far (with the way they have been playing so far). Maybe that Farabee didn't make the team out of training camp. Other than that, no real complaints.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For the Flames, team discipline. They have been short handed 18 times in 4 games. The only game where we were short handed fewer than 4 times saw a stupid penalty taken in the final minute of regulation leading to a PP goal against in OT.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Jim Benning was given a 3 yr extension earlier this year without any merit. I guess 5 straight years of being a lottery team is the new standard in Vancouver.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fair... but I think giving a perennial loser a 3yr extension after 5 atrocious seasons as GM trumps all.
In fairness, the Canucks were going to be terrible these last 5 years regardless of the GM, putting that on him doesn't make much sense to me.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Scott Mayfield of the NY Islanders. Reliable defensive defenseman who can level opposing forwards has been awful the first three games. With his game, he's the last person on the Isles D I thought would start the season badly.

Barzal is simply trying to do too much but he'll get settled down.

BennsGonnaGetYou

Apr 27, 2017
Sweden
Pretty spot on very early assessment of the Stars.
I think Klingberg and co will get things going though....too much talent on this team for that not to happen.
Past Stars teams have either been overly reliant on offense sacrificing defense big time, or overly defensive and forgetting they need to score to win games.
This team has a very good chance to be nicely balanced this season and maybe challenge Nashville or St. Louis for the top spot.
Stars fan here agreeing with you and the poster you quoted, Avs can't be forgotten though.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
In fairness, the Canucks were going to be terrible these last 5 years regardless of the GM, putting that on him doesn't make much sense to me.

No offense, but you sound like somebody who doesn't follow the team. Benning has made some terrible decisions during his time and absolutely contributed to the struggles.

Reactions: timw33

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No offense, but you sound like somebody who doesn't follow the team. Benning has made some terrible decisions during his time and absolutely contributed to the struggles.
Yes, he did, especially early on. As a rival fan, I enjoyed laughing about it. But, that doesn't change the fact the Canucks needed to rebuild and were going to be very bed regardless of the GM.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
For Bruins Ritchie and Backes have been both awful on the third line. Not unexpected, but they were hoping to get lucky there. Maybe Bjork can come up from Providence and help.

The DeBrusk/Krejci/Kuhlman line hasn’t been great BUT DeBrusk and Kuhlman each had goals taken away last game so some hope there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad