Your teams biggest disappointments so far?

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Jim Benning was given a 3 yr extension earlier this year without any merit. I guess 5 straight years of being a lottery team is the new standard in Vancouver.

It's 4 years. and a rebuild. Not many teams have a roster with as much young talent as the Canucks do after a 4 year rebuild. Sure, Benning has f'd up his share of moves, as every GM does, but having a team compete for a playoff spot in year 5 of a rebuild is far better than most rebuilds go.

Benning more than earned that extension. He has this team set up for a long run of success.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Afternoon games. At least for the Oilers.. they f***ing blow ass... Saturday afternoon hockey at 11am.. ummm yay

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Krueger's lineup and ice-time allocation decisions. He mostly gets it right but the things he doesn't are big yikes

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
IMG-6051.jpg

Reactions: wintersej

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
For the Caps it is, as usual for the season start, that the defense goaltending and offense aren’t clicking at the same time.
Not playing full games. I really really wish they’d learn to NOT play “prevent defense” after building a lead. This is a f***ing 90% offense team... play offense. Attack regardless of score.

This Caps team could be undefeated right now... they keep starting very strong, building healthy leads, blowing that lead, building another, losing another, etc

It’s frustrating as hell. Offensively, and that including our defenseman in transition/pinching/skating and holding the puck in the zone, this team is strong. Even defensively, early, our new guys mostly look really good. Gudas’ “advances stats” so far are actually very strong.
But then sit back and let the other team control the end of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The obvious choice would be Jamie Benn, but I expected him to suck so he's not disappointing more like living up to expectations.
So i'll go with Klingberg.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Andersen, Rielly, Marner, Tavares, Kapanen have been Toronto's worst players so far. Tavares gets a pass because he has a new child and is probably more focused on that though

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
European Showtime - Nygard and Haas - have failed to gain much footing so far. I know it's early, but they need to produce a little bit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just about every forward besides Foligno and Hartman, and they are 4th liners.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
They hired Phil housley and kept him over a year. And no (certain leaf fans) we didn’t start out good last year we lost our first half dozen games. Every time someone says anything remotely good about buffalo that is posted by someone with TML in their username, can’t for the life of me understand why.

In reality I would probably say though the fact mittlestadt is playing ten minutes a night with vesey. I think he could be utilized better. Even in the games he didn’t get points last year he was good.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
There is no reason to keep Benning outside of amateur scouting, so If the canucks make the playoffs, he doesnt need to be here. not to mention three years. But the biggest disappointment is definitely Loui Eriksson, why is he not shot to the moon yet?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
AA hasn’t been good so far but is coming off an injury. Other than that I’d say the secondary scoring hasn’t provided much but that’s what happens when you send all your best young guys down and have a plethora of awful vets.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
The top line, Horvat and Stecher so far. Tho in fairness to Stecher he isn't getting much playing time and doesn't have much chemistry with Benn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad