Your teams best prospect?

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
All the Oilers best "prospects" are playing in the NHL right now because of injury. If you include guys who are only in the NHL due to injury call up, I would say Teemu Hartikainen. If you aren't including those guys, Martin Marincin.

I would say hartikainen is my favorite but not the best. I would rank them:

1)Jeff Petry
2)Anton Lander
3)Martin Marincin
4)Curtis Hamilton
5)Tyler Pitlick

I include Petry because while he is in the NHL, he is not an NHLer. He is only up because of injuries.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Wild:

1. Granlund
2. Zucker--his goal scoring ability and clutch play have increased his stock
3. Scandella
4. Hackett
5. Wellman
6. Larsson

zeus3007*

I would say hartikainen is my favorite but not the best. I would rank them:

1)Jeff Petry
2)Anton Lander
3)Martin Marincin
4)Curtis Hamilton
5)Tyler Pitlick

I include Petry because while he is in the NHL, he is not an NHLer. He is only up because of injuries.

I didn't include Petry. Lander I'm not as high on as a lot of Oiler fans, and I do rank Hartikainen above Marincin, Hamilton and Pitlick now, because he will make an impact next season, wheras the others are at least another year or two away.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
taking out anyone that's played more than a handful of games in the nhl

1. carl klingberg
2. patrice cormier
3. paul postma
4. spencer machacek
5. arturs kulda

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Blackhawks:
Leddy
Morin
Kruger
Olsen
Beach

If Leddy has played too many games then shift everyone up and put K. Hayes at #5.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
:canes

1. Zac Dalpe
2. Zach Boychuk
3. Justin Faulk
4. Brian Dumoulin
5. Riley Nash

--------------------

6. Bobby Sanguinetti
7. Oskar Osala
8. Mike Murphy
9. Austin Levi
10. Mark Alt

HM - Justin Shugg

(Disregarded Drayson Bowman and Jerome Samson - currently in NHL).

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Assuming we're not counting Kadri, Reimer or Aulie I feel most would say Colborne or Gardiner, but are they really significantly better prospects than guys like McKegg, Blacker, Rynnas, Scrivens, Ross, Frattin, etc? Only time will tell I suppose, but I have all of these guys on a similar "decent chance to make the NHL eventually" level. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Gardiner, but it's tough to say.

Last edited:

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Calgary:

Erixon, AINEC.

Everyone else 'could' be something. Erixon is probably the best surefire NHL contributor we have. Brodie could be good. Howse could be a gem. Irving may one day be our Carey Price. But there's way too much lacking STILL on the farm.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Already said, but with Tedenby and Josefson now in the NHL. Jon Merrill is the top prospect.

Soon to change, though. Should be getting one of Huberdeau, Strome, Murphy or Hamilton.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Calgary:

Erixon, AINEC.

Everyone else 'could' be something. Erixon is probably the best surefire NHL contributor we have. Brodie could be good. Howse could be a gem. Irving may one day be our Carey Price. But there's way too much lacking STILL on the farm.

Ortio and Howse

Afro Thunder*

1- David Rundblad
2- Jared Cowen
3- Robin Lehner
4- Jakub Silverberg
5- Patrick Weircioch.

Honorable mention. Andre Petersson.

tokenmetalhead*

Ben Scrivens. Yes I said it

He could be the best prospect we have, if this and his last 3-4 NCAA years of .930 save %'s aren't flukes.

But I'd say Jake Gardiner, with

Joe Colborne
Greg McKegg
Jesse Blacker
Ben Scrivens
Brad Ross
Jussi Rynnas
Jerry D'Amigo

rounding out the top tier (for the Leafs). Could also argue Sondre Olden, Josh Nicholls and Kenny Ryan on the Honourable Mentions.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
One of:

Dalpe
Boychuk
Bowman

add Justin Faulk to that list.

I loved the pick when we made it, and like it even more now. He has the makings of a solid top pairing dman down the road, possible #1 if he improves his positioning and passing. He's a huge reason that UMD is where they are right now.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Blackhawks:
Leddy
Morin
Kruger
Olsen
Beach

If Leddy has played too many games then shift everyone up and put K. Hayes at #5.

has Beach fallen that much or the other player just that much better.

I really wanted him to drop to 16th to the Bs and some how Lucic and him settle stuff

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
With Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi graduating it's probably Martin Marincin until Larsson or RNH is drafted.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
I loved the Colborne trade, have been high on him since his draft day and nothing has changed.

Got a lot of tools on the offense, hopefully he can put it all together in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad