Your teams best prospect?

AmazingNuck

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I don't count a player a non-prospect until he earns a full time role. That being said I think the case for best Canucks prospect has to be Tanev.

Ridiculously poised, confident, and shows great decision making. Has made a few mistakes but much less than expected of a rookie. I don't think he has much offensive potential until he works on his shot but as he matures he will be a capable shut down defenseman in the Salo-mould. His great play has come while being a stick so once he puts on some brawn, he will be a defensive force. He has surpassed Hodgson, Schroeder, and Rodin in my mind.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
For the Oil I say it's Lander.

I always walk away from the WJC with a major man crush on Lander but I think his ceiling is as a very good 3rd line center that can be used on the top PK unit and maybe even be your team's captain. I may be underrating his offense though. 10 goals and 24 points this season. Those are similar to the numbers Paajarvi put up last season. He's a year older but it's still impressive.

I think Marincin is already very good and should only get better. People were worried that as the season wore on he would maybe get tired and regress a little. It sounds like that happened. However, for him to come over and learn the North American game so quickly without being able to really communicate with his coache is a good sign. As he gets used to the long schedule, the NA style, learns to speak English and adds some weight to his 6'3 frame...he could be a very good player. I hope he'll someday be the Oilers #3 Dman...maybe even better? Who knows.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
DRW considering both potential and development

1 - Smith
2 - Tatar
3 - Nyquist
4 - Mursak
5 - Pulkkinen
7 - Jarnkrok
8 - Almqvist
9 - Mrazek
10 - Callahan

I. Filppula if we count significant over-agers

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Kadri followed by Reimer are our best prospects but i guess they are now considered full-time NHLers.

I guess its a toss-up between Gardiner and Colborne, im leaning more towards Gardiner though.

IMO our Top 5:

Kadri
Reimer
------
Gardiner
Colborne
McKegg
Ross
Blacker/Scrivens/Frattin

Manny*

In my opinion:

1. Rundblad