Proposal: Your team’s available Left side D-Man to the Habs for a list of available players and picks

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Let me introduce you to.. Marc-Edward Vlasic. LHD of your dreams. With Karlsson and Burns, SJS has way too much invested in our top-4 to be carrying Vlasic at his cap hit. We’re looking to get back some picks, as our cupboard is bare, and a fast, playmaking winger.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Gardiner + 1st (conditional: turns to a 2nd if he re-signs)

for

Petry

Playing Jake Gardiner first pair minutes is a recipe for disaster. There's no chance Montreal would bring him in to play first pairing minutes and they certainly wouldn't want to pay him what he will be asking for.

I think they could get a much, much better return on Jeff Petry than this.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Better yet - Montreal will trade you Weber for prospects. Will take some salary. Contact Marc Bergevin for details.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Let me introduce you to.. Marc-Edward Vlasic. LHD of your dreams. With Karlsson and Burns, SJS has way too much invested in our top-4 to be carrying Vlasic at his cap hit. We’re looking to get back some picks, as our cupboard is bare, and a fast, playmaking winger.

Vlasic for Suzuki +?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Moving Petry for Gardiner is terrible, moving Petry in general for a LHD is a bad idea. The hole Petry would open on our 2nd pair RHD would be far greater than the hole we're trying to plug up at 1LHD w/ Weber.

Reason being, Weber is a stud who can carry a weaker partner on the first pair. Petry fills a similar role on our 2nd pair, both pairs are able to eat minutes and face tough matchups (which is what you want in the NHL, you want to 2 solid pairs at the very least). Stacking 1 pair up and exposing 2 others makes no sense. Juulsen isn't ready to play on a 2nd pair with no support, not even close.

Mental gymnastics. Even if its not for Gardiner in particular, your 1st pair should be shored up on BOTH SIDES before you are concerned with having a hole on your 2nd pair. Take this from someone who watched Ryan McDonagh play with Dan Girardi for years

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No interest at all. Find another team to trade him to.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Daley
Saarijarvi

For

Romanov
Primeau

I think Daley is probably a good short term option, but I don't think he has that value. Romanov and Primeau are looking good. Dont know much about the other Guy other then this stat line... we are set on rhd tho

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

Could have been perfect before we got rid of Scherbak.

2019 CBJ 2nd
2019 MTL 2nd
Scherbak :(

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Knowing MB will probably end up with Vlasic and I’d be happy with that.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Would Montreal consider Goligoski for Petry?

Goligoski actually seems like an interesting fit for Montreal. Straight up for Petry doesn't make sense though. Nor would the package in the original post. It'd have to be something else.

It seems like there ought to be some sort of deal to get Goligoski to Montreal though. His cap number isn't great, but he'd be an upgrade on anything they have right now, or are likely to land as an UFA. And Arizona would seem to have room to potentially move him with OEL and Chychrun as 1-2LHD, plus Hjalmarsson in a pinch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad