Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
The year they signed Alexei Zhamnov.

I'm guessing but maybe.

Or the year they signed Savard and Z?

I think it was the year they signed Savard and Z. Not even sure it makes sense since they brought back Hall but maybe throw cash at Landeskog and worry about the set up later on. Again not sure it makes sense for two left shot wingers to be on the same line. I don't even know how it would work unless if Landeskog has ever played Center but it would certainly be an upgrade on paper.

But seriously the shopping list should be 2nd line RW, 1st/2nd line center (yes there are scenarios where Bergy dropping to the 2nd line makes sense), and top pairing LD. Not really concerned about goalie since Tukka will most likely be back in February.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Well you would be wrong. They don’t have the prospects to land an elite d man like zack W

Lol,
The Bruins prospects aren't filling up the cupboards but they do have some nice ones and next years first and 2023 years are highly coveted picks around the league.
The jackets would surely demand close to what they received for Jones and with the next two drafts being lauded as being much better than this past one, a deal could easily be struck. I don't see them moving Werenski but the Bruins do have the assets to acquire him.

Jones cost a top prospect ( Boqvist )Moving down in the first round 20 spots in a weak draft year, a second round pick in the same draft year and a first round in 2022.

The Bruins can certainly throw something very similar, actually better than that, imo at Columbus for Werenski. Considering this years draft was such a crapshoot, the swapping of first round picks is like rolling the dice at that point.

Seth jones and 1st round pick in 2021 a 6th round in 2022
for
Adam Boqvist and a 2021 1st & 2nd and a 2022 1st protected

Have the jackets pick one of the Prospects below and you toss in a 1st and 2nd in next years draft, its a better deal than what they got for Jones. So I would say, yes they easily have the assets.
Lohrei
Lysell
Beecher
Lauko
Vlad
Steen
Studnicka

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Landeskog is a left wing and putting him after all these years at RW makes no sense plus he would be a third line LW mskibg the most money on team

I’m a Coleman fan but he’s been grossly underpaid entire career and this is his hopeful pay day - I don’t want to be that team

also when Coleman scored that amazing goal against Montreal in finals at end of period it broke a 20 game goal scoring drought m

I’m skeptical he will be so loveable at 5 M a year going 20 games without a gosl as a Bruins

save the 5 M for next years UFA center market or to deal for a guy a year away from FA - Vancouver will hsve JT Miller & Horvat in there particular boat

I like both Landeskog & Coleman but it doesn’t work

if Hall didnt sign he world certainly interest me[/QUOTE]

Have either Hall or Marchand played their off wings ? You could do :

Land-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-March
or
March-Bergy-Pasta
Land-Krejci-Hall

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Bruins have to be sure he can rebound from that bad season in Vancouver. If they are getting Vegas Schmidt it can be big for them. There is some risk here though.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Lol,
The Bruins prospects aren't filling up the cupboards but they do have some nice ones and next years first and 2023 years are highly coveted picks around the league.
The jackets would surely demand close to what they received for Jones and with the next two drafts being lauded as being much better than this past one, a deal could easily be struck. I don't see them moving Werenski but the Bruins do have the assets to acquire him.

Jones cost a top prospect ( Boqvist )Moving down in the first round 20 spots in a weak draft year, a second round pick in the same draft year and a first round in 2022.

The Bruins can certainly throw something very similar, actually better than that, imo at Columbus for Werenski. Considering this years draft was such a crapshoot, the swapping of first round picks is like rolling the dice at that point.

for

Have the jackets pick one of the Prospects below and you toss in a 1st and 2nd in next years draft, its a better deal than what they got for Jones. So I would say, yes they easily have the assets.
Lohrei
Lysell
Beecher
Lauko
Vlad
Steen
Studnicka
The Jones situation was much different since he only agreed to sign an extension with either Dallas or Chicago.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Why are we giving away players? Is it so bad Nick Ritchie couldn't even get a late-round pick for NHL rights?
Brendon Dillon gets Washington two 2nd round picks...We already had the younger version of Dillon(!)

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Really can't decide how I feel about Schmidt. It would all depend on the return I think. He was good before he got to Vancouver. It is risky in any case.

They'd still need a PK anchor for the third pair as well. Something like this might not be too bad:

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Schmidt - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton

The dream is still Ekholm of course but that feels very unlikely.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I wouldn't mind Yandle as our 3rd pairing left defenseman a la Kaberle 2011. He is purely an offensive, assist based defenseman. He would be great if he is cheap and on our 3rd pair, nothing more.

Forbort is also a 3rd pairing/7th D option. Completely different than Yandle but a servicable player who could be a good depth option if someone is injured or a guy who can be a solid 6th D on a cup contender.

I have already made my thoughts known on Suter, too old, too expensive and simply not top-tier 2nd pairing material at this point. I would say that he could be solid on the 3rd pair as well but we need better.

A big issue is that there doesn't seem to be many options at LD out there. If only it was the old days where defenseman were more versatile in switching sides. McCavoy and Carlo are locked in for the 1st and 2nd pair RD as they should be. We could upgrade the 3rd pair RD (I don't know if Montour is available in the open market or if he has been re-signed but he would give us a perfect right side). There are rumors that we are looking at the Kraken but... Dunn plays the right side so he would take Clifton's spot and Lauzon, who we lost for nothing, might be the next best D available... I actually would take a Flyer on Haydn Fleury, he showed well on a deep team in Carolina when he was given a chance and might be a good 3rd pairing left D. His brother has shown well for the Habs but is an RD and I don't know that he uproots Clifton.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Why are we giving away players? Is it so bad Nick Ritchie couldn't even get a late-round pick for NHL rights?
Brendon Dillon gets Washington two 2nd round picks...We already had the younger version of Dillon(!)
Dillon is under contract where as Ritchie was an RFA with arbitration rights.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The list of UFA goalies is looooong and the Bruins are one of the few teams that can offer a starting spot (at least for half the season) and a competent defense, with a chance to win.

I don't hate Holtby but I think the Bruins can do much better for $4m

2021 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Reactions: bbfan419

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Lol,

for

Lohrei
Lysell
Beecher
Lauko
Vlad
Steen
Studnicka
None of those guys come close to AB tho the bruins don’t have any elite prospects to make that happen. Almost every team in the league could offer more and our first round picks are what in the 20s?? So many other teams could offer more valuable first round picks. Also zack W would cost more as he is a better player. Almost any offer the bruins have would be beat very easily.

Reactions: TCB

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The Krejci situation is getting more interesting by the minute, I kind of assumed he would return to the Bruins, not so sure anymore. I hope Sweeney has given him a hard deadline and is ready to pounce on Plan B. Do the Bruin insiders expect him to remain with Boston or are they in the dark on this too ?

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I think it was the year they signed Savard and Z. Not even sure it makes sense since they brought back Hall but maybe throw cash at Landeskog and worry about the set up later on. Again not sure it makes sense for two left shot wingers to be on the same line. I don't even know how it would work unless if Landeskog has ever played Center but it would certainly be an upgrade on paper.

But seriously the shopping list should be 2nd line RW, 1st/2nd line center (yes there are scenarios where Bergy dropping to the 2nd line makes sense), and top pairing LD. Not really concerned about goalie since Tukka will most likely be back in February.

so you'd drop smith to 3RW?

I looked at the D on the FA list. Not many that stand out that would be fits here. Dougie will likely get north of $9m. I don't think he will ever come back to Boston.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Really can't decide how I feel about Schmidt. It would all depend on the return I think. He was good before he got to Vancouver. It is risky in any case.

They'd still need a PK anchor for the third pair as well. Something like this might not be too bad:

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Schmidt - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton

The dream is still Ekholm of course but that feels very unlikely.
That D isn’t good enough especially if one gets injured which will definitely happen.

Please make a trade for Ekholm and sign McCabe and Forbort. Get some hard nose players for the third and fourth lines

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
None of those guys come close to AB tho the bruins don’t have any elite prospects to make that happen. Almost every team in the league could offer more and are first round picks are what in the 20s?? So many other teams could offer more valuable first round picks. Also zack W would cost more as he is a better player. Almost any offer the bruins have would be beat very easily.

Yeah, pretty much dead on, lol

there's teams out-there who could blow Columbus away if it becomes a bidding war.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad