Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Lets be realistic, Donny wont do shit except for some minor signing on D and hope the kids will be better this year. "We tried, the prices were more expensive then we wanted to give up. A full season of TH will make a big difference... bla, bla, bla". Things never change on Causeway st. and never will until we have new ownership / management.

and then Cassidy barely gives kids a chance

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@GeeWally re Rask and waivers.

As you know, the last CBA has been extended and anything changed in it is covered by the Memorandum of Understanding.

Here's the only change to waivers:

CBA 13.23 amended such that it shall continue to apply to another Club’s RFA but it shall not apply to UFAs who play for a club outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season through and including December 15.

That changes what I said earlier in my response to you, that it only applies if he plays a game in Europe. That is this section of the CBA

13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers.

So, to answer your question, I have no clue what KPD is talking about, who gave him that information, or if something else changed that I am oblivious to. (and you know me, I like to keep up on these things).

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks.
Sure was a head scratcher for me. Im going to assume its wrong until I read otherwise.

Reactions: Alicat and 13Hockey

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If you people are upset the Bruins didn’t beat out VAN on that albatross of a deal or send actual assets for Ristolainen…seek help. Schmidt, Martinez, Suter and many others still out there on D.

It would have been nice to pry Garland from ARI…but not at that cost. Benning has lost his marbles.

Donny will do something…probably at the draft table.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Now that @DominicT is here give us all who are fiending good news

About what? OEL?

To take on Garland, you had to take OEL. Yotes wanted Cap hits with less actual money. And they wanted a first round pick.

Eriksson - $ 6 million cap hit, $3 million real dollars
Rousell - $3 million cap hit, $1.9 million in real dollars
Beagle - $3 million cap hit, $1.2 million in real dollars

I would be surprised if they didn't buy out at least one of them and spread that cap hit over two seasons to reach the floor. They basically added the OEL and Garland cap hits at less then half the cost.

Bruins tried for Garland alone. Yotes would not bite. I don't blame Sweeney. Hard to build a roster with two $7 million+ d-men on the roster. (Next year with McAvoy/OEL)

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
About what? OEL?

To take on Garland, you had to take OEL. Yotes wanted Cap hits with less actual money. And they wanted a first round pick.

Eriksson - $ 6 million cap hit, $3 million real dollars
Rousell - $3 million cap hit, $1.9 million in real dollars
Beagle - $3 million cap hit, $1.2 million in real dollars

I would be surprised if they didn't buy out at least one of them and spread that cap hit over two seasons to reach the floor. They basically added the OEL and Garland cap hits at less then half the cost.

Bruins tried for Garland alone. Yotes would not bite. I don't blame Sweeney. Hard to build a roster with two $7 million+ d-men on the roster. (Next year with McAvoy/OEL)

any news we fiending I got these cheeseburgers for u
B8606626-294D-43B8-9DD5-B874356A45A3.jpeg

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
If you people are upset the Bruins didn’t beat out VAN on that albatross of a deal or send actual assets for Ristolainen…seek help. Schmidt, Martinez, Suter and many others still out there on D.

It would have been nice to pry Garland from ARI…but not at that cost. Benning has lost his marbles.

Donny will do something…probably at the draft table.

Exactly right, that OEL contract is something to stay far away from even with Garland attached.

My neighbor and I will re enact this deal next Thursday morning when he dumps his garbage in front of my place and I dump mine at his.

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
[QUOTE="DominicT, post: 179413260, member: 90478
Bruins tried for Garland alone. Yotes would not bite. I don't blame Sweeney. Hard to build a roster with two $7 million+ d-men on the roster. (Next year with McAvoy/OEL)[/QUOTE] @DominicT didn’t quote right

i know you’re real busy right now but what’s your take on the Dvorak stuff? Misinformation? Smokescreen or still an iron in the fire?

thanks on the Ekholm stuff earlier , too

Reactions: Gordoff

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Holtby and Schmidt for DeBrusk and Moore ?

Sure. Add a 3rd if needed.
Holtby’s numbers haven’t been great, but he usually finds a way to win. With a solid team in front of him, he could regain form. He take 10-15 games to find his form…but once he finds it, he can steal games like Jonathan Quick.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Everyone who cried about Sweeney bungling the Hall deal because it wasn't announced look so foolish right now.

Reactions: Agent86

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
[QUOTE="DominicT, post: 179413260, member: 90478
@DominicT didn’t quote right

i know you’re real busy right now but what’s your take on the Dvorak stuff? Misinformation? Smokescreen or still an iron in the fire?

thanks on the Ekholm stuff earlier , too[/QUOTE]

I got nothin.

I've always like Dvorak. When he was in London, a lot of people claimed he was a biproduct of Marner and Tkachuk. Not the case. Coming off a career year.

Do you think he's a number two center? If not and Krejci doesn't come back, then Coyle is your number 2 and Dvorak your number 3

Reactions: Flannelman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad